Speech files

delta6

How do I remove some of the speech files from sb?? You know the irritating ones that when you first make contact and the projo's start flying everyone wants to retreat...Another one that has EVERY unit calling in that the have reached so and so position or way point...

No, you cannot remove  individual speech files from the sim. But  you can try to add empty or silent substitutes to the  mods folder (My Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\sounds\voices\_language_selection_

Edited by Jartsev

10 hours ago, delta6 said:

Another one that has EVERY unit calling in that the have reached so and so position or way point...

Unzip this folder into the relevant language folder path mentioned by Jartsev to modify the "this is 1/1 we're at our checkpoint, this is 2/1 we're at our checkpoint... etc" reports. The radio reports will be replaced by a brief radio squelch sound. Obviously by doing this you are choosing to essentially ignore those reports, but i agree that they are overly repetitive and unhelpful when you have large numbers of units under your control. I recommend making a backup of the 'mods' folder before doing this, as it will overwrite the original files.

Squelch.zip

Edited by Bond_Villian

• 3 weeks later...