Final mission editor question

RedWardancer

That was a flat-out lie. 

Now comes the real sophisticated problem.  I want to condition entire units to embark on different variable objectives and routes en mass.  Meaning: 1st Rifle Battalion attack OBJ 1 along THIS direction, or attack OBJ along THAT direction.  This can easily be done unit by unit, but is there an easier solution to do it en masse?  I have an enemy regiment to work with.  IF there is no other option than doing this unit by unit (almost 100 units minus dismounts), I may have to officially give this goal up and make them predictable. 

Solutions?

Copy and paste the conditioned routes perhaps? Ie; put a waypoint on the map, build your desired route from it with your 'embark if', 'jump to end if'  'dismount if', 'retreat if' etc conditions on it, then right click the route, select copy route, select the desired units with a lasoo or shift-clicking them, right mouse button and paste the route. I cant check the validity of that as im not at my pc.

Also if i remember correctly- if the route that you are copying has more than one part (has two or more 'legs' with waypoints connecting them) then you may need to paste it to each platoon/ unit one at a time instead of as a lasoo group. Again, i cant check that right now but you can experiment.

Edited by Bond_Villian

• Members

First, create a global event (or condition) that reflects the decision.

Next, for each unit create a route to be taken at the decision-making point (or shortly thereafter). Shift+Click to select all those routes, right-click and pick "Embark if...", and there, reference the global condition (or event) that you defined in the first step.

Repeat for the other decision, or create unconditioned routes to be taken if the first condition is not met (remember that unconditioned routes are only taken if the embark condition of all other routes have been evaluated negative).

Okaaaaaay, now THIS is going to be some serious project time.  It's all good, anything (within reason) for SB!  My life would be mediocre without this game!  Is this (partially) true for everyone else?  B|

If I can make this work correctly, I will definitely share the file.  Just too big a project to keep for myself.