Filler for KANIUM SUNDAY 21st April 1800 GMT

Gibsonm

The Kanium team are busy over Easter, details here:

If there is sufficient interest I'm happy to host / conduct a mission in that timeslot to provide your "SB Fix".

However I need to get an idea in advance of who is interested before I get up at 0330 to be ready by 0400.

Also indicative numbers will help with selecting the mission, etc.

Alternatively, happy to do another Q & A / Tutorial session in the time slot if people prefer that to a mission.

Edited by Gibsonm

I'd like to sign on for this. Happy to show up a bit early to make sure I have TeamSpeak & etc. sorted, since it's my first go at online.

And I do appreciate the sacrifice of getting up at 0 dark hundred for no tangible gain.

15 hours ago, Splash said:

I'd like to sign on for this. Happy to show up a bit early to make sure I have TeamSpeak & etc. sorted, since it's my first go at online.

If you can make 1745 GMT - I'll be there.

We'll be using the Steel Beast's Teamspeak server.

Others please note, the 1745 GMT start is just for this comms check. I'd rather others still aim for 1800 GMT. If you all get there early just be prepared to sit through this comms check prior to starting at 1800 GMT.

Edited by Gibsonm

54 minutes ago, snakeShi* said:

Sorry I missed it gents! Got held over for a double shift at work :(

Well that's OK because you haven't.

Its on in just under 22 hours.

The time is 1800 GMT on Sunday the 21st (its a PITA for me but I'm trying to continue the Kanium Sunday 1800 GMT timeslot)

Depending on where you live, that is: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20190421T1800

Edited by Gibsonm

5 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Any one else or is it just two

Sorry, just saw this (different side of the world and all). Unless they bowed out privately, looks by responses that there are at least two, maybe three others. Total of 6 including you?

But if everyone is dropping, I REALLY wouldn't want to see you get up at that hour to host (or worse, decide then to abort for lack of numbers.) 

Since you've probably already turned in by this time, I'll drop by TeamSpeak at the appointed time since it will be midday here. But if you get this in time, don't feel compelled. Get some sleep. I can do this some other weekend.

Its 0300 here now, so its a bit too late to call it off and just go back to bed.

From my reading of the above, the results were:

Me

Splash

Dlad

Snakeshi* - thought it was some other date/time so I have no idea if they are coming or not.

Mirzayev - couldn't make it but gave me plenty of notice.

Hatchet jack - "interested" (not definite)

Tinfoilhate - "interested" (not definite)

The only definites are two, two maybes, one no idea and one definite not able. Therefore I'm working on me + two and will see what happens.

Edited by Gibsonm

Thanks again.

Some screens from my first online experience. I played from the TC seat of a tank section in 2 Alpha and didn't think to get screenies ... so these are from Gibsonm's AAR file. They make for a more artful presentation, anyway.

Rookie mistake .. I strayed too far forward, I believe, but stumbled onto an enemy unit's flank. My AI gunner called out "PC". I ordered "Fire." Saw later that it wasn't a PC. 

eSe4Eal.png

Spotted a BMP dumping smoke on retreat. Took a missle hit myself, so I popped smoke and backed up.

8zGAcfL.png

It took two or three more HE hits to kill it. Only the kill shot showed in the AAR.

jckL5De.png

I displaced a bit expecting artillery ... Then I spent quite a while waiting and watching ... while listening to the pitterpatter of the rain ,,,

bTphRF5.png

... While most of the action took place to the east.

P41JDAp.png

Nice 1Km flank shot by Gibsonm here saved a pixeltrup.

Ws1NyBa.png

My next action came when my tank gained carnal knowledge of a tree, rending my TC personage Hors d'combat.

JQnn68F.png

Alas, a 15-minute visit to the doc was insufficient to heal him. So I continued as TC of the No. 3 tank, dragging my commander-less 4 along as an AI wingie. (I need to practice degraded operations in the 2A6.)

ZnrNZ3N.png

It wasn't a total loss on the skins: The I have a Bundeswehr version of the ambulance in my collection. 😏 Anyway, my former mount's AI gunner soon scored a tank kill in the assault on the first objective.

9kJrf4c.png

Followed by two more and a tunguska between the two of us in the assault on the second objective.

oON4Xx3.png
pGQivts.png
EHo6Wz4.png

None of this showed up credited to me in the AAR ... I assume because my ISP dropped me at the beginning of the mission and I had to be handed a section of tanks after rejoin. (shrug)
But all's well. It was good fun. Thanks again to Gibsonm for the early reveille and to chrisreb & Dboy .