"Tanks! Again" Multiplayer

Kazick

So reading the briefing for the "Tanks! Again" scenario I see that it supports multi crew. So a few weeks ago I got around to get 2 other people to want to try it out and we decided to have a fully crewed tank. But we kept running into the issue of not being able to select our roll in the tank.

The scenario starts us off in a supply truck. We activate the trigger for the tank we want. And then when we move to the tank on the map it never gave us an option of who was driver, or gunner or TC. Is there a step I'm missing? Is the briefing incorrect? Is this a bug?

You should be able to hit F9 to get in the driver’s spot and F6 for the gunner’s.

The person who “commanded” the first vehicle should also be the commander of the tank.  He should be the only one able to get to the commander’ position, F7.

Edited by TSe419E

2 minutes ago, TSe419E said:

You should be able to hit F9 to get in the driver’s spot and F6 for the gunner’s.

The person who “commanded” the first vehicle should also be the commander of the tank.  He should be the only one able to get to the commander’ position, F7.

That's what I would think. But when we tried it we where locked to a position and unable to change. And they weren't the positions we wanted and had agreed on. I was going to be TC, another player driver, and another gunner. But once we started, I was locked to the driver, the player was supposed to be the driver was in the gunner seat, and the gunner was in TC. And each time we would restart the session it would be a different order of who was what.

30 minutes ago, Kazick said:

That's what I would think. But when we tried it we where locked to a position and unable to change. And they weren't the positions we wanted and had agreed on. I was going to be TC, another player driver, and another gunner. But once we started, I was locked to the driver, the player was supposed to be the driver was in the gunner seat, and the gunner was in TC. And each time we would restart the session it would be a different order of who was what.

I tried it just now, and had zero issues*. Try the following:

1. Have the host (I'm assuming it is you) become the Commander of the Supply Truck. 

2. Ensure that you select "Yes" when you receive the prompt to "Allow Others in Vehicle."

3. Select the trigger that you want. Once you start the mission, have everyone else stay in the supply truck at the start. 

4. Go to the spawned tank and press F7. You should be the TC.

5. Have your friends join you in the tank one at a time. Have the Gunner get in his station, then the driver. 

6. Have fun!

*By "trying it" I hosted a Steel Beasts scenario, then launched a second Steel Beasts application and joined my own game in the LAN. I had zero issues using the method above. 

Also, if none of the above works, try the Yet More Tanks scenario by Rotareneg. It is a scenario in the same spirit as Tanks! Again.

4 minutes ago, Mirzayev said:

I tried it just now, and had zero issues*. Try the following:

1. Have the host (I'm assuming it is you) become the Commander of the Supply Truck. 

2. Ensure that you select "Yes" when you receive the prompt to "Allow Others in Vehicle."

3. Select the trigger that you want. Once you start the mission, have everyone else stay in the supply truck at the start. 

4. Go to the spawned tank and press F7. You should be the TC.

5. Have your friends join you in the tank one at a time. Have the Gunner get in his station, then the driver. 

6. Have fun!

*By "trying it" I hosted a Steel Beasts scenario, then launched a second Steel Beasts application and joined my own game in the LAN. I had zero issues using the method above. 

Thanks, I'll give that a shot this week and report back.