Rolling Thunder '19 - Staring into the Abyss (Preferred Date)

Gibsonm

Rolling Thunder '19 - Staring into the Abyss (Preferred Date)  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in participating in Rolling Thunder 2019 - Staring into the Abyss:

• Option 1: 1900 GMT 25 MAY. Global equivalent times: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20190525T1900
    • Option 2: 1900 GMT 08 JUN. Global equivalent times: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20190608T1900
    • Option 3: 1900 GMT 05 OCT. Global equivalent times: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20191005T1900
    • Option 4: Would love to but can't make any of those. I have included dates / GMT times I can make in the thread.
    • Option 5: Sorry but I have no interest in this activity.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/29/2019 at 02:01 PM

These are the three current options for conducting Rolling Thunder '19.

Option 1: 1900 GMT 25 MAY. Global equivalent times: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20190525T1900

Option 2: 1900 GMT 08 JUN. Global equivalent times: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20190608T1900

Option 3: 1900 GMT 05 OCT. Global equivalent times: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20191005T1900

The time specified is the start time only. The likely sequence for the preferred option in GMT, would be:

1900 - 2130 Mission 1

2130 - 2200 Break

2200 - 0001 Mission 2

0001 - 0030 Break

0030 - 0200 Mission 3

Note:

For Options 1 and 2 it will likely be run in SB Pro PE 4.023.

If Option 3 is selected the activity is likely to run in SB Pro PE 4.1.x.

You should be able to select more than one option (so if you can make all three dates, please tick all three boxes). The option with the most votes will be the date selected.

Voting indicates that you intend to attend that session.

For those who came directly here and not via the Overview or Back Story threads - this is what Rolling Thunder '19 will cover:

Edited by Gibsonm

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Grenny said:

Also this would be after the planned 4.xx release...and this will give much more interessting gameplay

I know - that's why I wrote "If Option 3 is selected the activity is likely to run in SB Pro PE 4.1.x." ;)

You're also assuming its not riddled with bugs, etc.

31 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

I know - that's why I wrote "If Option 3 is selected the activity is likely to run in SB Pro PE 4.1.x." ;)

You're also assuming its not riddled with bugs, etc.

Has there ever been a release thats not 😛

Anyway...I have all fingers crossed that it will run ok even with ze bugs...also until 5th of october(provided release goes as planned) is a good timespann to: get used to new features...learn bug workarounds...of have a patch if need be

5 minutes ago, Grenny said:

Anyway...I have all fingers crossed that it will run ok even with ze bugs...also until 5th of october(provided release goes as planned) is a good timespann to: get used to new features...learn bug workarounds...of have a patch if need be

Agreed.

Anyway we'll see what the votes are - who knows, they maybe scope to run it "soon" (May / June) in 4.023 and later (October) in 4.1x?

Guess we'll now in a week.

Edited by Gibsonm

SITREP

4 days to go until the poll closes.

105 people have looked.

Of which 10 worked out how to click a box.

7 is the highest vote for a given date (and one of those 7 is me). One person at least said they weren't interested (and I thank them for telling me that).

I don't believe the "view" figure increases if one person looks more than once so I'm guessing that leaves me with 90 or so who didn't bother to record a preference.

I can't justify building the scenarios and writing off a day for 6 people. Nor is 6 people enough to do the scenarios justice.

I'll wait until the poll expiry date before confirming but at this rate Rolling Thunder wont be conducted this year - or maybe conducted internally at a time / date convenient to the Australian / New Zealand audience (those from Europe / America can get up in the middle of the night instead).

Edited by Gibsonm

Mark

Back from holidays in Brisbane, Rolling Thunder sounds great. My vote is in for Oct, option 3.

Option 2 Jun I am also available as a second option.

I am unavailable for May.

All the best mate and looking forward to the operate and hope we get the numbers.

20 hours ago, Lumituisku said:

To me same time that TGIF is would be best, along with weekend. 

I might just be able to participate on mission 3 though.  

Thanks for posting your preference. :)

Unfortunately that's the problem - finding the "least worst" time.

TGIF would be great for me as its Noon on Saturday but for UK / European players, not so much since its 0200 on Saturday morning. :(

A previous poll determined that 1800 - 1900 GMT was the "best" (most popular) compromise timing:

Previous poll indicating a preference for the single event with multiple missions (as opposed to one mission a week or similar format):

I fully expect that given that the event usually goes for say 7.5 - 8 hours that there will be some who can stay throughout and some who maybe can play Mission 1 and then return for Mission 3 or some other combination.

This is why the campaign ribbon comes in two designs  - one for those who stayed throughout, and one for people who couldn't do all of them but participated in at least one mission.

Edited by Gibsonm

3 minutes ago, Lumituisku said:

I will participate on mission 3 then.  I may not be able to stay trough it during week, if it takes very long, as I might have work calling me. But on weekends I am available.

Well if you click on the link:

Option 3: 1900 GMT 05 OCT. Global equivalent times: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20191005T1900

Then look down the list for your local town / city you'll know exactly when the event starts (I doubt very much that is a week day) Then just add approx 5 hours to get the start time for Mission 3.

The poll has closed, thank you to those who posted a choice.

The winning option is ...

A bit closer to the event I'll refresh / update the other posts and provide Orders of Battle, OPORDs, Staffing lists, etc.

BG ANZAC attendees will probably used to "Beta Test" these scenarios prior to October, esp. to see what changes if any the transition from 4.023 to 4.1x involves.

yep saw that after I reviewed all the past posts.  Been catching up on things!!  I will be there though and if you need me to do anything then please let me know - can do stuff on my laptop when travelling to keep me sane.

Thanks for the offer.

Now that I have the date and the CONOPS, I wont be building anything major, perhaps a skeletal Doctrinal Template, etc., until 4.1x arrives (just in case there are new vehicles or other new features require a re-work).

Edited by Gibsonm

• 3 months later...

I think I can make it to Option 3. and I think some friends from the 3Reg Tizona may be interested in participating as well. Keep you posted on that.

Just one question about equipment, The list I have seen it is in a post of 2016.

is this the finnal equiment list to be used or do you plan to add some of cold war vehicles such the M-60A3 TTS..?

31 minutes ago, Furia said:

I think I can make it to Option 3. and I think some friends from the 3Reg Tizona may be interested in participating as well. Keep you posted on that.

Just one question about equipment, The list I have seen it is in a post of 2016.

is this the finnal equiment list to be used or do you plan to add some of cold war vehicles such the M-60A3 TTS..?

I doubt its a post from 2016 as this didn't exit then.

I think you might be confusing this with a different activity in a different part of the forum???