Marko

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 6/18/2019 at 12:16 AM, Ssnake said:

The DFs may appear pretty much out in the left field unless you consider that armies under severe budget constraints are more likely to adopt Steel Beasts because

a., they haven't much to lose, and

b., in this specific case the volume of the contract barely raised interest from established defense contractors

The officer responsible for the training program had an unspecific offer that was about five times more expensive than ours; his general asked whether it would be five times as good, and he replied that he could only guarantee that it would cost five times as much. :D   ...so, in that light I think it explains to a degree why we're seeing so many remote weapon stations and IFV programs in Steel Beasts. (Also, because a lot of people were pushing us to do less about tanks and more about infantry despite the scientific fact that big tanks are so much cooler.)

The new Russian gear - well, I suppose it can be chalked up as some customers being interested in simulating situations where they might be confronted with equal or stronger opponents rather than spanking pixeltruppen equipped with 1960s technology. It was an opportunity that I very much welcomed even if the question is allowed whether these specific vehicles will ever be seen in more than very limited numbers.

I have no qualms with modern technology in the hands of pixel truppen

I might even look at the M1A2 if there's something to equal it now.

I generally don't like speculating about the content of updates and am grateful for the content that is included but, with 4.1, I'm genuinely intrigued by the two tank icons that I understand remain unidentified or revealed and what they might be, as I'm sure a lot of people are by this stage. 

I'm convinced one of them is T-14 Armata and here is my best guess at the remaining one in descending order of belief and/or hope: 1) T-72B3; 2) T-80BV or; 3) M1A1 SA. 

Am I close?  Time will tell.