KANIUM SUNDAY 5th OF May 1800 GMT - Righteous Retribution by Nike-Ajax

Nike-Ajax

Alright so a few practicalities, as we are a bit challenged by manning:

@Smiley Is it ok for you if I switch you to B2 PLT?

@Connaugh Is it ok if I switch you to A1 PLT and give you @T. Frankowski as a gunner?

@Assassin 7 Do you want to have a callsign in A1 PLT, until you are possibly called away - with no obligations and expectations?

@sjr162 Is it ok if i put you as PLT LDR in B2?

4 hours ago, Nike-Ajax said:

Alright so a few practicalities, as we are a bit challenged by manning:

@Smiley Is it ok for you if I switch you to B2 PLT?

@Connaugh Is it ok if I switch you to A1 PLT and give you @T. Frankowski as a gunner?

@Assassin 7 Do you want to have a callsign in A1 PLT, until you are possibly called away - with no obligations and expectations?

@sjr162 Is it ok if i put you as PLT LDR in B2?

I’ll take one of the A1 wingman tanks then

On 4/29/2019 at 3:14 AM, T. Frankowski said:

Any gunner slot for the M1A2 SEP, preferably US Forces.

Hi There 

Ok so we have hopefully found a solution by way of a clever suggestion from Connaugh:

We will assign you a tank BUT let you "attach" it to Connaugh. In that way, you can operate as a gunner and not have to worry about driving/moving the tank around. AS long as you dont break control by moving your tank by using WASD keys, then your tank will move by connaughs orders.  We are in the desert, so your tank operating in attached mode would not affect you negatively.

I know it sounds a little fiddly but it actually achieves all goals while letting Conn control his tank. 

1 hour ago, Breakthrough7 said:

@Nike-Ajax  Have any Priority Target Missions (+reference points) been provided for the FIST/FSO to place during planning (in accordance w/commander's intent of course!), and if so how many Priority TRPs and how many total priority missions?  Might be interested in joining in on this one.

So this mission has none yet.

Unless @Mirzayev wants some?

However the next one will have a LOT of Arty … and at least 10 Priority Target Missions plus 4 FASCAM missions and the ARTY will be mission critical. 

Either way we would be happy to have you in both

4 minutes ago, Nike-Ajax said:

Hi There 

Ok so we have hopefully found a solution by way of a clever suggestion from Connaugh:

We will assign you a tank BUT let you "attach" it to Connaugh. In that way, you can operate as a gunner and not have to worry about driving/moving the tank around. AS long as you dont break control by moving your tank by using WASD keys, then your tank will move by connaughs orders.  We are in the desert, so your tank operating in attached mode would not affect you negatively.

I know it sounds a little fiddly but it actually achieves all goals while letting Conn control his tank. 

Okay that sounds good to me. Thanks

7 hours ago, Breakthrough7 said:

Alright-- I'm in.  

@Nike-Ajax and @Mirzayev  How do you guys feel about 1 Priority TRP assigned per firing unit (1 btry MTRs/1 btry MLRS/4 btrys SP ARTY) and the ability to hit each one independently twice-- so 6 Priority TRPs and 12 total priority missions?

Just my recommendation, I'll be happy either way.   

4x will be fine. Priority TRPs already give a pretty quick splash time, and there is nothing, other than integrity, holding BLUE to only executing 12x priority missions. 

Edited by Mirzayev

29 minutes ago, Breakthrough7 said:

Rgr that-- just going by doctrine.  

The number of times you can receive the quick splash time is capped by the number of priority missions set by the scenario designer, which is different from the number of placed priority TRPs.

Use of ARTY and Fires are always worked out by CO and FO - as I am manning OPFOR then I Dont Need To Know 😁

26 minutes ago, Breakthrough7 said:

The priority target procedures?
Yes, also depends on locally agreed upon SOPs based upon available equipment, and personnel, and whether you're the main effort and require weighting; but last time I checked (today) NATO/ABCA (American/British/Canadian/Australian) Fire Supporters *all* read US JP 3-09, as we're the ones that have been (for better or worse!) operationally firing more artillery than everyone else combined for the last 2, 5, 10, 15, 50 years.
-----------------------
Anyways-- I asked a couple of questions, predicated on a genuine interest, and having watched dozens of Kanium games on YT-- I thought this was the place to ask them.  Looks like I'm probably not the right guy for the job, so I think I'll withdraw and maybe I'll check back in with you guys at a later date.

Hey - easy now.

All I said was that you should work out what procedures and SOPs you want to work with CO

7 hours ago, Breakthrough7 said:

The number of times you can receive the quick splash time is capped by the number of priority missions set by the scenario designer, which is different from the number of placed priority TRPs.

My mistake, I'm not a guru when it comes to SB artillery and all of its workings. Changed the original post to reflect. 

Anyway, I think you are taking our responses with a different tone than intended. This is the place to ask questions, and you are welcome to join the game this Sunday, if you want to. 

1 hour ago, MAC84 said:

Nike

Happy to fill the position of B22 or as required.

All the best mate

As always a pleasure to have you!

10 hours ago, Breakthrough7 said:

You didn't say anything wrong!

You are passionate about Artillery: that is not a problem. But rather a positive trait 😊

Like Mirzayev wrote, then we would be happy to have you join.

We still have room in both Tanks (A2) and MECHINF and that includes anyone who are newbies in MP.

If you havent tried it before and are unsure, then meet a little before gametime in TS (say about 30 minutes), and we will sort you out.

Edited by Nike-Ajax