Jump to content
Nike-Ajax

KANIUM SUNDAY 5th OF May 1800 GMT - Righteous Retribution by Nike-Ajax

Recommended Posts

Alright so a few practicalities, as we are a bit challenged by manning:

 

@Smiley Is it ok for you if I switch you to B2 PLT?

 

@Connaugh Is it ok if I switch you to A1 PLT and give you @T. Frankowski as a gunner?

 

@Assassin 7 Do you want to have a callsign in A1 PLT, until you are possibly called away - with no obligations and expectations?

 

@sjr162 Is it ok if i put you as PLT LDR in B2?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

...and I am now available 🙂

 

Happy to take B2 Plt lead if that helps.

 

DBoy

 

Edited by dlad
B2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, dlad said:

...and I am now available 🙂

 

Happy to take B2 Plt lead if that helps.

 

DBoy

 

 

Perfection and thanks

 

@sjr162 and @Smiley Disregard my query please

Edited by Nike-Ajax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Nike-Ajax  Have any Priority Target Missions (+reference points) been provided for the FIST/FSO to place during planning (in accordance w/commander's intent of course!), and if so how many Priority TRPs and how many total priority missions?  Might be interested in joining in on this one.

Edited by Breakthrough7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nike-Ajax said:

Alright so a few practicalities, as we are a bit challenged by manning:

 

@Smiley Is it ok for you if I switch you to B2 PLT?

 

@Connaugh Is it ok if I switch you to A1 PLT and give you @T. Frankowski as a gunner?

 

@Assassin 7 Do you want to have a callsign in A1 PLT, until you are possibly called away - with no obligations and expectations?

 

@sjr162 Is it ok if i put you as PLT LDR in B2?

 

 

I’ll take one of the A1 wingman tanks then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Assassin 7 said:

I’ll take one of the A1 wingman tanks then

Perfect and thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2019 at 3:14 AM, T. Frankowski said:

Any gunner slot for the M1A2 SEP, preferably US Forces.

Hi There 

 

Ok so we have hopefully found a solution by way of a clever suggestion from Connaugh:

 

We will assign you a tank BUT let you "attach" it to Connaugh. In that way, you can operate as a gunner and not have to worry about driving/moving the tank around. AS long as you dont break control by moving your tank by using WASD keys, then your tank will move by connaughs orders.  We are in the desert, so your tank operating in attached mode would not affect you negatively.

 

I know it sounds a little fiddly but it actually achieves all goals while letting Conn control his tank. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Breakthrough7 said:

@Nike-Ajax  Have any Priority Target Missions (+reference points) been provided for the FIST/FSO to place during planning (in accordance w/commander's intent of course!), and if so how many Priority TRPs and how many total priority missions?  Might be interested in joining in on this one.

So this mission has none yet.

 

Unless @Mirzayev wants some?

 

However the next one will have a LOT of Arty … and at least 10 Priority Target Missions plus 4 FASCAM missions and the ARTY will be mission critical. 

 

Either way we would be happy to have you in both

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nike-Ajax said:

Hi There 

 

Ok so we have hopefully found a solution by way of a clever suggestion from Connaugh:

 

We will assign you a tank BUT let you "attach" it to Connaugh. In that way, you can operate as a gunner and not have to worry about driving/moving the tank around. AS long as you dont break control by moving your tank by using WASD keys, then your tank will move by connaughs orders.  We are in the desert, so your tank operating in attached mode would not affect you negatively.

 

I know it sounds a little fiddly but it actually achieves all goals while letting Conn control his tank. 

Okay that sounds good to me. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Nike-Ajax said:

So this mission has none yet.

 

Unless @Mirzayev wants some?

I'll never say no to priority targets. Say, 3-4?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Mirzayev said:

I'll never say no to priority targets. Say, 3-4?

Done 

 

I will resend the scenario with 4 deployable priority targets A1 through A4 and one for the MLRS R1

 

@Breakthrough7 I guess that answers your question too 😁

Edited by Nike-Ajax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright-- I'm in.  

@Nike-Ajax and @Mirzayev  How do you guys feel about 1 Priority TRP assigned per firing unit (1 btry MTRs/1 btry MLRS/4 btrys SP ARTY) and the ability to hit each one independently twice-- so 6 Priority TRPs and 12 total priority missions?

Just my recommendation, I'll be happy either way.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Breakthrough7 said:

Alright-- I'm in.  

@Nike-Ajax and @Mirzayev  How do you guys feel about 1 Priority TRP assigned per firing unit (1 btry MTRs/1 btry MLRS/4 btrys SP ARTY) and the ability to hit each one independently twice-- so 6 Priority TRPs and 12 total priority missions?

Just my recommendation, I'll be happy either way.   

4x will be fine. Priority TRPs already give a pretty quick splash time, and there is nothing, other than integrity, holding BLUE to only executing 12x priority missions. 

Edited by Mirzayev

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Mirzayev said:

4x will be fine.

Rgr that-- just going by doctrine.  

28 minutes ago, Mirzayev said:

Priority TRPs already give a pretty quick splash time, and there is nothing, other than integrity, holding BLUE to only executing 12x priority missions. 

The number of times you can receive the quick splash time is capped by the number of priority missions set by the scenario designer, which is different from the number of placed priority TRPs.

 

Edited by Breakthrough7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Breakthrough7 said:

Rgr that-- just going by doctrine.  

The number of times you can receive the quick splash time is capped by the number of priority missions set by the scenario designer, which is different from the number of placed priority TRPs.

 

 

Use of ARTY and Fires are always worked out by CO and FO - as I am manning OPFOR then I Dont Need To Know 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Right-- though accurate distinction between 'how many Priority Missions are set' by the scenario designer, versus the 'number of Priority TRPs present' and what impact that has is important (to me at least!).  If we have 4 priority TRPs, and 4 Priority missions, each one can receive 1 splash time bonus, or for example, 1 Priority TRP can receive the splash bonus 4 times.   Repeats of course come fast as well, but those Priority TRPs then become Standard TRPs after 4 Priority Missions have been called.

In real life each firing unit lays on one Priority Target for the duration of offensive operations, with no more than 3 Priority targets allocated to a battery subdivided for split battery ops (ie a battery divided into 3 sections of 2 guns).  Mortars lay onto no more than 2 priority targets per platoon.

Like I said though, not trying to be a dick, fire support is my raison d'etre- I'll work with what I get!

Edited by Breakthrough7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sjr162 said:

that depends on the nation.

 

The priority target procedures?
Yes, also depends on locally agreed upon SOPs based upon available equipment, and personnel, and whether you're the main effort and require weighting; but last time I checked (today) NATO/ABCA (American/British/Canadian/Australian) Fire Supporters *all* read US JP 3-09, as we're the ones that have been (for better or worse!) operationally firing more artillery than everyone else combined for the last 2, 5, 10, 15, 50 years.
-----------------------
Anyways-- I asked a couple of questions, predicated on a genuine interest, and having watched dozens of Kanium games on YT-- I thought this was the place to ask them.  Looks like I'm probably not the right guy for the job, so I think I'll withdraw and maybe I'll check back in with you guys at a later date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Breakthrough7 said:

The priority target procedures?
Yes, also depends on locally agreed upon SOPs based upon available equipment, and personnel, and whether you're the main effort and require weighting; but last time I checked (today) NATO/ABCA (American/British/Canadian/Australian) Fire Supporters *all* read US JP 3-09, as we're the ones that have been (for better or worse!) operationally firing more artillery than everyone else combined for the last 2, 5, 10, 15, 50 years.
-----------------------
Anyways-- I asked a couple of questions, predicated on a genuine interest, and having watched dozens of Kanium games on YT-- I thought this was the place to ask them.  Looks like I'm probably not the right guy for the job, so I think I'll withdraw and maybe I'll check back in with you guys at a later date.

 

Hey - easy now.

 

All I said was that you should work out what procedures and SOPs you want to work with CO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Nike-Ajax said:

 

Hey - easy now.

 

All I said was that you should work out what procedures and SOPs you want to work with CO

You didn't say anything wrong!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Breakthrough7 said:

The number of times you can receive the quick splash time is capped by the number of priority missions set by the scenario designer, which is different from the number of placed priority TRPs.

 

My mistake, I'm not a guru when it comes to SB artillery and all of its workings. Changed the original post to reflect. 

 

Anyway, I think you are taking our responses with a different tone than intended. This is the place to ask questions, and you are welcome to join the game this Sunday, if you want to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nike

 

Happy to fill the position of B22 or as required.

 

All the best mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MAC84 said:

Nike

 

Happy to fill the position of B22 or as required.

 

All the best mate

 

As always a pleasure to have you!

 

10 hours ago, Breakthrough7 said:

You didn't say anything wrong!

 

You are passionate about Artillery: that is not a problem. But rather a positive trait 😊

Like Mirzayev wrote, then we would be happy to have you join.

 

 

We still have room in both Tanks (A2) and MECHINF and that includes anyone who are newbies in MP.

If you havent tried it before and are unsure, then meet a little before gametime in TS (say about 30 minutes), and we will sort you out.

 

Edited by Nike-Ajax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...