Enemy Infantry Survive Horrendous Explosion! Tonight, only on News Channel 3!

Mirzayev

Brett Stern: "Good evening, I'm Brett Stern, newscaster extraordinaire. It isn't every day that miracles happen, especially in the midst of an ongoing war between the peoples of Donovia and Atropia. However, tonight we bring you a special report from the front lines. Our corespondent, James Hughes, bring you this heartwarming story! Take it away, James!"

James Hughes: "Ivan Petrochevski was just an ordinary OPFOR Soldier who thought today was just another day at work!"

Ivan Petrochevski: *with comically heavy Russian accent* "I normally spend my days riding in the back of BMP-3, waiting for fiery death from capitalist pig-dogs!"

*Cue stock footage of tanks doing tank things*

James Hughes: "Fiery death is what can certainly be expected. A new shipment of Leopardo 2Es to the Republic of Atropia has increased their lethality in the never-ending war with Donovia over the province of Erdabil." 

Ivan Petrochevski: "Radio was going off; comrades were reporting how they were taking fire, some were even requesting permission to retreat."

James Hughes: "But Ivan was prepared to lay down his life for Donovia; retreat was not an option!"

Ivan Petrochevski: "The driver just kept going along the same route, over and over again. Even if I wanted to escape, there is no way that Boris would ever stop the BMP-3!"

James Hughes: "And never stop he did, even as a SABOT round tore into the hull of the BMP-3; fired at close range from an Atropian Leopardo 2E. But then, a miracle!"

John Smith: "I was just photographing bushes in the middle of the warzone, when I heard a massive explosion!"

James Hughes: "Eyewitness John Smith snapped two photos of the carnage."

SS_21_32_40.thumb.jpg.5a31a588beaed07e2316e6a3916452fc.jpg

John Smith: "I saw a great explosion, as the ammunition and fuel inside the BMP-3 combusted, sending the turret flying. I thought that no one could have survived, until I saw a man sitting inside the crew compartment, cooking smores!"

Ivan Petrochevski: "Smores are great snack when fighting capitalist pig-dogs! I was wondering about how to cook, when entire crew compartment became one great bonfire!"

James Hughes: "After cooking his smores, Ivan calmly dismounted from the raging inferno, being sure to take his assigned AT-weapon system with him."

SS_21_32_52.thumb.jpg.c48aa16730c2bb6274c587d6fec5f8d8.jpg

Ivan Petrochevski: "I grabbed my kit and left the raging inferno. In absence of orders, I crawled to the right side of burning BMP-3 and sat tight. Until I get new orders, I will stay next to charred wreckage of formerly glorious Donovian IFV!"

Brett Stern: "Wow James, what a truly inspiring story! In our next story of the evening, here is a video of fluffy kittens playing with balls of yarn..."

So yeah, I shot a BMP-3, a dramatic explosion occurred, and 1x infantryman survived in full fighting shape. Is this a bug, or simply a feature? The AAR file is attached, if it is needed. 

Tanks_v3a_Leo_2E_11572_050119DESKTOP-71SU2118.aar

• Members

It's a feature, although this combination with a big ass explosion may stretch your suspension of disbelief. There's code to determine a vehicle kill, and there's code which, when that happens, rolls the dice for eventually mounted infantry. I wouldn't rule out that there's particularly low survival chances in the case of a catastrophic kill event, and that in other cases they might have better chances to escape. But they are otherwise independent processes.

23 hours ago, Ssnake said:

I wouldn't rule out that there's particularly low survival chances in the case of a catastrophic kill event, and that in other cases they might have better chances to escape. But they are otherwise independent processes.

Hopefully one day we might see this applying to vehicle crew also