Sign in to follow this  
jazjar

Modern Panzergrenadier battalion structure/equipment

Hello all,

In about a month or so, I'm going on something of an exchange to the Germany Army to spend some time with them and work on my German a bit.  I don't quite yet have a sponsor over there, I only know the unit I'm going to, which is a Panzergrenadier battalion.  As I'd like to not show up completely unfamiliar with the German Army, I was wondering if anyone could tell me the basics of how a modern Panzergrenadier battalion is organized and subdivided.  All I can seem to find online are WW2 organizations and 80's era organizations.

As for the question about equipment, I know that the primary combat vehicles I'm likely to see are the Puma and Marder, but I was wondering if there are any Leopards included with a PzGren battalion.

Any knowledge would be appreciated.

8 minutes ago, jazjar said:

Hello all,

In about a month or so, I'm going on something of an exchange to the Germany Army to spend some time with them and work on my German a bit.  I don't quite yet have a sponsor over there, I only know the unit I'm going to, which is a Panzergrenadier battalion.  As I'd like to not show up completely unfamiliar with the German Army, I was wondering if anyone could tell me the basics of how a modern Panzergrenadier battalion is organized and subdivided.  All I can seem to find online are WW2 organizations and 80's era organizations.

As for the question about equipment, I know that the primary combat vehicles I'm likely to see are the Puma and Marder, but I was wondering if there are any Leopards included with a PzGren battalion.

Any knowledge would be appreciated.

Send me a PM,

-Which unit are you going to? (112? 212? 391 etc etc? )

Type of equimpemt and Strukture will be very much depend on that (We have BNs with Marder or with Puma as the main IFV)

Yes, Grenny is your man.

He is or was (promotion is a fickle thing)  a Panzer Grenadier, which helps 🙂