Development News Discussion

12Alfa

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

No, the Pizarro and Leopardo issues are by and large finished (and about a third of them were our fault, one third were normal revisions/clarifications of the development specs (though a tad late in the process), others were probably a result of the language barrier and of cultural differences between a large military bureaucracy and a non-conformist Californian software house). It would be unfair to blame just the customer for the delays that occurred.

Even with most of the Pizarro and Leopardo issues fixed, there still are a number of annoying bugs that the beta team would like to see addressed - to name an example, like the fact that the thermal view of trees in winter themes still shows foliage. It's a triviality to fix, but like always a large number of trivialities still take time to address. We, the beta team, would like to have the "Save Battleplan" feature back (since we, eSim Games, promised that it would be disabled only temporarily). Since it was disabled because a number of issues were broken, fixing that might take some time. Eventually we'll bring half of it back, the map graphics, as a stop gap solution. Would be better than nothing, although I'd rather have all of it if I can.

Bugger, there goes Christmas... so... how about a few more pictures of the new stuff? For me the only real interesting feature "showcased" so far was the "Simultaneous scene rendering" with the Leopardo... so where is the hype?

Yeah i allready asked for a few new screenies as well a couple of times. I didt get a response so we just not might not get any.

• Members
Bugger, there goes Christmas...

Now, now... don't you cry!

War toys are a traditional, though no longer politically correct Christmas gift, didn't you know that?

so... how about a few more pictures of the new stuff? For me the only real interesting feature "showcased" so far was the "Simultaneous scene rendering" with the Leopardo... so where is the hype?

I guess I suck at marketing, but what else is there to show, really?

I mean, it's the plain old map screen, with tactical icons that occasionally change their position. Yes. it does give you better situational awareness.

Okay, but visually everything there is to show has already been shown. How many screenshots do you need to imagine a 3D interior like you know already with a monitor screen showing the map view that you know since SB 1.0?

Well here are a few examples I took out from the Development news thread:

- CV90/35

- Leopardo 2E (exterior)

- Centauro

- Tunguska

- NH-90

- RBS70 SAM

- Airstrike

- Pizarro

Edited by daskal

Marketing = Put magnifying glasses up the noses of your customers and parade them through features starting from truly minor ones to block-buster-ish La Grande features.

When run out of features to show, then make some!

Now you're a marketing expert :diable:

Well, it's satisfying to see that our beloved moderator is an honest man :debile2:

Personally, I'd like to see the updated damage models - like the T-72 turret damage model ridden with mysteric numbers that dejawolf has posted once.

Now, now... don't you cry!

War toys are a traditional, though no longer politically correct Christmas gift, didn't you know that?

I mean, it's the plain old map screen, with tactical icons that occasionally change their position. Yes. it does give you better situational awareness.

Okay, but visually everything there is to show has already been shown. How many screenshots do you need to imagine a 3D interior like you know already with a monitor screen showing the map view that you know since SB 1.0?

Oh please! what you are saying there is bad for morale soldier! I mean just like daskal pointed out there should be plenty of stuff left to show us! I guess that indeed you suck at marketing.

Ssnake,

Hmmm. If the Leo's information systems are being approximated with the SB map, then this should be an adequate solution for the M1A2 SEPv2, too. As I recall, modeling the information systems was the roadblock preventing us from seeing the M1A2.

Soo... are there any compelling reasons why we can't soon see an Abrams from this century, errr, millenium? :)

Ssnake,

Hmmm. If the Leo's information systems are being approximated with the SB map, then this should be an adequate solution for the M1A2 SEPv2, too. As I recall, modeling the information systems was the roadblock preventing us from seeing the M1A2.

Soo... are there any compelling reasons why we can't soon see an Abrams from this century, errr, millenium? :)

Well - 3 obvious reasons: Money, money, money