Question about Pro PE MP

strzelba

Welcome!

Not sure what you mean.

If you have a standard copy you can have 8 players (one host, seven clients [each needing their own copy]).

Some people here that support regular events / Virtual Units have a "server" copy with that cap removed (e.g. TGIF, Kanium, BG ANZAC, etc.)

In that situation, the number of players a host can effectively look after is determined by their network speed/bandwidth.

You can have 40+ players on an Internet session (on a LAN I've run 80+ players).

Those 40 maybe 20 per side for a Human vs Human battle or it could be 40 vs the scripted AI or some other combination.

If a vehicle is "playable" there are 3 positions per vehicle (Commander, Gunner, Driver).

So if you have say 30 players, you could have 10 fully manned vehicles. Of course if those players are Commanders only then you can have 30 vehicles. etc.

Edited by Gibsonm

Let me try  to be clearer.

The ordinary Commercial version (the one that you buy here for personal use) is capped at 8 players. Most of these multi player sessions are over the Internet.

The same version but with the "8 player cap" removed is the one that is limited by your network connectivity. Most of these multi player sessions are over the Internet.

The military version (the one I presume your "Battalion" would be using) is capped by the licenses on the dongle. I have two 80 user dongles so I could drive two different sessions, each with 80 participants. These tend to be run in purpose built simulation rooms with say 20 - 30 machines in each room connected by a Local Area Network (LAN) - that is computers in a room joined by Ethernet cable and not relying on the Internet. There the network speed can be say 1Gbs (better than most people's Internet speed) hence why you can have say 80 participants.

Those 80 participants can often be commanding a single entity (tank, IFV, UAS, Infantry Team, etc.) or a unit (say a tank Troop where one person commands a tank but directs the other three vehicles in the Troop). As a result you can do Brigade level type activities, albeit approaching the limit of performance.

As a result there are two broad categories.

1. The Personal Edition (this is the Pro PE version you mentioned in your topic) version with its limits

2. The military version (this is the Pro version) with its limits.

More information on the differences can be found here:

https://www.esimgames.com/?post_type=elementor-popup&p=1234

Edited by Gibsonm

Thank you

I know we should use Professional version. But in my military things aren't this simple. One brigade already tried to convience highest command to buy the sim, but without success. And so that they're still using PE.

7 minutes ago, strzelba said:

Thank you

I know we should use Professional version. But in my military things aren't this simple. One brigade already tried to convience highest command to buy the sim, but without success. And so that they're still using PE.

Try to contact Ssnake directly. (his nickname +(at)esimgames.com)

Maybe getting him to hand out a short term trial version for the Ex IOT help convince decision makers to get a classroom version.(But I guess this may onyl work if decision makers are present ...and there is enough time to set everything up. )

• Members

We also offer a rental version. And I might agree to an extended trial for a long-term study with the aim to prove the cost-effectiveness of using SB Pro. So, there are possibilities that haven't been fully explored, mostly because nobody talks to me. ... ;)