M1A2 manual mode Electrical Triggers does not work

Assassin 7

• Moderators

The trouble is that we don't model the electrical system or loss of power (much less loss of turret power) and will probably never go into that level of detail.  Of course we can/should make it where the gun will fire with the normal trigger while in manual mode, but keep in mind that once the tank receives damage to the FCS of a certain type (I can't recall which type), then manual firing is required regardless of FCS mode. 

But yes, being able to fire the gun normally while in manual mode (when the tank is not damaged) is a very technical detail that could go onto the list of minor bugs to fix.

11 minutes ago, wildbillkelsoe said:

I assume that is the red twist lever by the GAS?

No, In the Gunner station you have three Electric Triggers that are monitored and have power provided to them when turret power is on. Those Triggers are Left Gunner Control Handle finger, Right Gunner Control Handle finger and Elevation Manual Handle Thumb press Trigger. The Master Blaster “red twist lever” creates electricity when twisted which it’s circuit goes through the Arming Handle straight to the Breech firing contact which then goes through the Breech to the Firing Pin. In manual mode you do not lose your Electrical Triggers 

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 5:16 PM, Assassin 7 said:

No, In the Gunner station you have three Electric Triggers that are monitored and have power provided to them when turret power is on. Those Triggers are Left Gunner Control Handle finger, Right Gunner Control Handle finger and Elevation Manual Handle Thumb press Trigger. The Master Blaster “red twist lever” creates electricity when twisted which it’s circuit goes through the Arming Handle straight to the Breech firing contact which then goes through the Breech to the Firing Pin. In manual mode you do not lose your Electrical Triggers 

wow that is deep. I guess in CITV you can check if the electrical trigger is working in manual mode?

11 minutes ago, wildbillkelsoe said:

wow that is deep. I guess in CITV you can check if the electrical trigger is working in manual mode?

?, this is happening from the Gunner's position. You could check the Commander's trigger also probably the same thing is happening. You wouldn’t be able to traverse anyways, the only thing you could do is fire the gun

Edited by Assassin 7