SB Pro PE 4.1 New Features (and stuff)

Ssnake

1 hour ago, Grenny said:

Adding some of the booring stuff:

There's nothing boring about C2 and CSS. :)

The M577 looks naked without radios and an empty Annex. :)

Hopefully the dismounts only have side arms (reflect the fact that they a CP staff) - so people don't accidentally use it as an APC.

Thanks for clarifying that "M577", "M577 + Annex", "M577 + Annex + Cam net" and "M577 + Annex + Cam net + gen set off" are mission designer decisions. I had hoped that the HQ would develop over time with Annex, Cam net and wire deployed the longer it was in one place. but maybe that's now a wish list item. :)

I guess we'll need to wait for CSS implications ("build Abatis if truck with logs is in location with Engineers for time X").

Nice new HiRes HEMTT models. :)

Edited by Gibsonm

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Hopefully the dismounts only have side arms (reflect the fact that they a CP staff) - so people don't accidentally use it as an APC.

Thanks for clarifying that "M577", "M577 + Annex", "M577 + Annex + Cam net" and "M577 + Annex + Cam net + gen set off" are mission designer decisions. I had hoped that the HQ would develop over time with Annex, Cam net and wire deployed the longer it was in one place. but maybe that's now a wish list item. :)

I guess we'll need to wait for CSS implications ("build Abatis if truck with logs is in location with Engineers for time X").

No coffee maker?

A staff without coffee is like a human being without blood. 

Seriously though, the CP stuff looks awesome. 

Edit - Is there a WARSAW / Eastern equivalent to the M777 / CP setup?

Edited by Apocalypse 31

1 hour ago, Panzer_Leader said:

Pumped to see the M577 making it into 4.1.  Perfect for accurate headquarters units. The Cold War just keeps getting hotter in PE!

+1 It'll be good to accurately replicate a HQ element. It makes creating an HPTL a bit more interesting. 

33 minutes ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

No coffee maker?

A staff without coffee is like a human being without blood. 

I chucked a coffee maker into the desert of NTC because it kept tripping the power grid in our TOC, and everyone kept plugging it in because "wE nEeD cOfFeE tO pLaN oUr OpErAtIoNs!" Suffer in silence, Staff! 

14 minutes ago, Mirzayev said:

I chucked a coffee maker into the desert of NTC because it kept tripping the power grid in our TOC, and everyone kept plugging it in because "wE nEeD cOfFeE tO pLaN oUr OpErAtIoNs!" Suffer in silence, Staff! 

Lower the trim vane and prop it up with a shovel = table.

Then put gas stove on trim vane = gen set friendly brew point. :)

Edited by Gibsonm

7 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Was a bit of try and Error to get the command-post setup right(ish) as they a 4 individual vehicles.

But it looked ok I think.

And yeah, tent and M577 are a bit too empty... Thats what "mine" looked like 10 years ago.

BILD0128.JPG

BILD0129.JPG

Edited by Grenny

5 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Lower the trim vane and prop it up with a shovel = table.

Then put gas stove on trim vane = gen set friendly brew point. :)

Is that an official ADF bodge? 😁

Question for Ssnake:

How do you stop SB looking like Drift King 2k ?

Cos that ATTV was sliding all over the place, I'm guessing Grenny had turned Traction Control and ABS off?

Also those Dutch army 8x8s look a lot like Foden DROPS trucks, be nice if the ammo version did supply.

*hint hint* 

🙂

Nice to see the decade old HMETT model get a face lift.

Think only the ASLAV PC & CS are in the decade category now.

Edited by Hedgehog

7 hours ago, Mirzayev said:

"I need AirCon more than you need Coffee, plus I outrank you." - Mirzayev.

37 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Well either a "cross" (+) or "H" formation are probably fine. :)

Just for us, Its usually an H with the 4 "annexes"(is that what they are called in english? ..the tents?) stitched together to form one bigger "tent"

As you can't see them in the sce. editor, it ws moving them closer and closer until it did fit... somewhat

2 hours ago, Hedgehog said:

Is that an official ADF bodge? 😁

Question for Ssnake:

How do you stop SB looking like Drift King 2k ?

Cos that ATTV was sliding all over the place, I'm guessing Grenny had turned Traction Control and ABS off?

Also those Dutch army 8x8s look a lot like Foden DROPS trucks, be nice if the ammo version did supply.

*hint hint* 

🙂

Nice to see the decade old HMETT model get a face lift.

Think only the ASLAV PC & CS are in the decade category now.

I think it was the driver.

Not the sim. LoL

12 minutes ago, Marko said:

I think it was the driver.

Not the sim. LoL

Well, when you drive too fast for the terrain you're traveling over...things happen.

Not defending esim here....their model is good enough for  a tactical simulator. NOT for driver training and they never claimed that 😎

3 minutes ago, Grenny said:

Well, when you drive too fast for the terrain you're traveling over...things happen.

Not defending esim here....their model is good enough for  a tactical simulator. NOT for driver training and they never claimed that 😎

Pulling handbrake turns on a dirt road is always fun. LoL

8 hours ago, Mirzayev said:

+1 It'll be good to accurately replicate a HQ element. It makes creating an HPTL a bit more interesting. 

Any noticeable difference in staff output after the coffeemaker was a goner?

• Members

I suspect that much of the crazy high-speed driving is to blame on the terrain theme that was set for this map. If you have traction at 100% for all ground plus hardness 100% and bumpiness very low at the same time, well, that certainly helps with top speed.

Set the bumpiness to 30%, the traction to 75, the hardness to 85 - I tend to use those as "your average dirt" and then work from there. Too often terrain themes are set for ultimate traction (remember, 100% represents hot rubber on dry, sweeped asphalt/concrete; add a fine layer of sand and dust (like, about everywhere) and you're down some 5% already, and it gets progressively worse from there). With a 4WD car with short wheel base I challenge everyone to drive offroad faster than maybe 40 kph without rattling your teeth out. On a dirt road, maybe 60, on long stretches with minimal undulations maybe 80. If you can drive faster offroad, the terrain mobility parameters are off, plain and simple.

Also, of course, driving around on a low-res map helps as well to flatten everything. With LIDAR scan based maps this is more difficult because of all the micro obstacles.

• Members

With 155mm M107 HE rounds, the largest fragments can perforate more than 50mm RHA equivalent (almost 500 fragments will perforate more than 15mm RHAe), sufficient for punching through an M113 even with hatches closed. Keeping the hatches open is, of course, even more dangerous.