Ssnake

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Well, you still need to have suitable weapons in range, of course. Sending them in a massed frontal assault against a battalion of CV90/35s fully loaded with KETF is going to end in a complete disaster. Helicopters are vulnerable to ground attack, after all. At the end of the day however they aren't yet super sophisticated as far as evasive behavior is concerned (like constant changes of flight vector to throw at least long range cannon fire off, launching flares against missiles, etc.), that will remain work for a future upgrade.

I'm more concerned with the helicopters being excessively hesitant to engage targets, or their inability to accurately engage targets using rockets or cannon.

There is a tendency to hover idle and cycle thru weapons with while staring at targets in the open.

It is frustrating and I hope it's something that be fixed at some point.

• Members

We can tackle only so many problems simultaneously. New terrain, New HE, better AI. Those were the three big areas. That it took us three years to bring them to a releasable state - six years, if you count the previous work on the new terrain engine between 3.0 and 4.0 - should tell you something about the magnitude of the task.

I think its "performance punishment" in a good way. ;)

You and the team do great work so now people raise the bar and ask for other items to be fixed.

"Eventually" the big ticket items will be fixed and you can in all likelihood start all over again to develop a 128bit version (or whatever the new Nirvana will be). :)

Edited by Gibsonm

• Members

DF30 and DF90 have been confirmed (through without a separate video yet), there's the gazillion ATTV variants (well, 22 or so), and more. But this version is not about new playable vehicles but

• the high resolution terrain
  • the new handling of high explosives and fragmentation effects
  • better pathfinding for computer-controlled units

3 hours ago, Ssnake said:

DF30 and DF90 have been confirmed (through without a separate video yet), there's the gazillion ATTV variants (well, 22 or so), and more. But this version is not about new playable vehicles but

• the high resolution terrain
  • the new handling of high explosives and fragmentation effects
  • better pathfinding for computer-controlled units

At 0:26 there are two telegraph poles. At 0:27 there is only one.

Its been edited, but I guess it knocked one pole down - was hoping the "improved pathfinding' would mean it would thread the needle between them (unless they were too close together)?

2:44: Land mines that look like land mines. :)

Edited by Gibsonm

36 minutes ago, Jartsev said:

This feature was implemented in 4.0 or earlier- 'Toggle HUD overlay', hotkeys combo   Alt+H.

Well my bad, i missed it! :)

But the free floating camera is a pro feature, isn't it?

Edited by BlackDeath