SB Pro PE 4.1 New Features (and stuff)

Ssnake

Don,t think i even included the T-15 on my wish list. (What a pleasant surprise)

If the T-14 and T-90 MS, Are included in the update.

Wow, what possibility's for some very tough missions.

Off topic,

But has anybody else heard the Russians are going to be fitting there new 57mm cannon.

To the T-15.

Edited by Marko

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi.

One thing I would like to see in SteelBeast is the option to record all the battle and be able to reproduced from exterior cameras. I mean not the one we have right now, but full frame per seconds, just to enjoy and make videos without any impact analysis. 

So have both options of replay (analysis and full video).

To save memory disc in recordings, we could have the option to save from a point in time and stop the record as it has Falcon BMS 4

Thanks!

Edited by Japo32

29 minutes ago, Japo32 said:

Hi.

One thing I would like to see in SteelBeast is the option to record all the battle and be able to reproduced from exterior cameras. I mean not the one we have right now, but full frame per seconds, just to enjoy and make videos without any impact analysis. 

So have both options of replay (analysis and full video).

To save memory disc in recordings, we could have the option to save from a point in time and stop the record as it has Falcon BMS 4

Thanks!

You can do that using the scenario editor to run the battle...

• Members
1 hour ago, Gibsonm said:

At 0:26 there are two telegraph poles. At 0:27 there is only one.

Its been edited, but I guess it knocked one pole down - was hoping the "improved pathfinding' would mean it would thread the needle between them (unless they were too close together)?

It did, actually.

And once that it was through, it made a sharp turn towards the road, and knocked it down with its rear end. :o

• Members
2 hours ago, Damian90 said:

Did I seen it right, is Afganit active protection system on Kurganets-25 functional, or am I just seeing things?

That would be crazy difficult. The reaction times of these systems are so short, well under the time resolution of a frame time.

2 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

It did, actually.

And once that it was through, it made a sharp turn towards the road, and knocked it down with its rear end. :o

Great. Thanks for clarifying.

I'm happy to put that down to poor driver skills. ;)

Edited by Gibsonm

2 hours ago, Damian90 said:

Did I seen it right, is Afganit active protection system on Kurganets-25 functional, or am I just seeing things?

I was wondering about that too (though spotted the answer above. I thought APS would be another very advanced step in simulation programming, beyond scope of 4.1).

Does the Kurganets-25 mean the 9M133 Kornet is implemented in 4.1 though?

• Members
1 hour ago, BlackDeath said:

But the free floating camera is a pro feature, isn't it?

No, you have it since 4.0; when testing a mission, go to the free-flight camera mode (Shift+F8, or through the map screen by right-click), then hit Alt+Space (preferably while you pause the mission). You then get a dialog to define key frames and the time distance between them; with Alt+Space presse a second time the camera animation will start (and remain frozen until you hit Pause again), time to start your recorder.

The new user manual will describe more in-depth which features and options this dialog has, but essentially you can use four different frames of reference for the camera movement - absolute world coordinates, tethered to a vehicle's hull, turret, or gun.

10 hours ago, Ssnake said:

DF30 and DF90 have been confirmed (through without a separate video yet), there's the gazillion ATTV variants (well, 22 or so), and more. But this version is not about new playable vehicles but

• the high resolution terrain
  • the new handling of high explosives and fragmentation effects
  • better pathfinding for computer-controlled units

Is this upgrade a paid upgrade or free? I am thinking about buying 4.0 now or waiting until 4.1 is released.

1 hour ago, BaiCaiX said:

Is this upgrade a paid upgrade or free? I am thinking about buying 4.0 now or waiting until 4.1 is released.

Welcome to the forum!

Pretty sure this has been answered a bunch of times already however ...

1. Its paid.

2. Normally at some point the cost of 4.023 (the current version) is discounted so that 4.023 + cost of upgrade = cost of buying ver 4.1x from scratch,

3. You have two main choices:

a. A permanent license (costs more up front, comes with USB stick, valid on whichever machine the USB stick is plugged into [or a shared IP address]).

b. A Time based license (initially cheaper, includes upgrades, limited to the one machine you bought it for [and can be impacted by motherboard upgrades on that machine, etc.]).

Details here:

https://www.esimgames.com/?page_id=1530

Be aware that there will be an opportunity to pre-order the upgrade (if you decide to buy 4.023 now) and buy the upgrade at a discounted price - the timing of that is currently TBA, but will probably be announced here and reflected in the page that I linked.

Edited by Gibsonm

1 hour ago, Gibsonm said:

Welcome to the forum!

Pretty sure this has been answered a bunch of times already however ...

1. Its paid.

2. Normally at some point the cost of 4.023 (the cureent version) is discounted so that 4.023 + cost of upgrade = cost of buying ver 4.1x from scratch,

3. You have two main choices:

a. A permanent license (costs more up front, comes with USB stick, valid on whichever machine the USB stick is plugged into [or a shared IP address]).

b. A Time based license (initially cheaper, includes upgrades, limited to the one machine you bought it for [and can be impacted by motherboard upgrades on that machine, etc.]).

Details here:

https://www.esimgames.com/?page_id=1530

Be aware that there will be an opportunity to pre-order the upgrade (if you decide to buy 4.023 now) and buy the upgrade at a discounted price - the timing of that is currently TBA, but will probably be announced here and reflected in the page that I linked.

Thank you for your patience and answer, very helpful to me.

• Members

As soon as our web shop will accept preorders it's safe to place orders for the classic license. At that point we'll already be issuing version 4.1 licenses. Needless to say, it's perfectly safe to use the time-based licenses already since they are valid for version 3.0, 4.0, and will be valid for 4.1 as well. So you can uninstall whichever version you have installed, and install 4.1 when it becomes available, at no extra cost.

What are the system requirements for 4.1? Just bought a Ryzen 5 2600X system with 16GB Ram and a Geforce RTX 2060 for my WSO-Pit, which will run SB PE. I want to use mostly high graphic settings with max. resolution of 1920x1080.

The main homecockpit has a Ryzen 2700X with 32GB Ram and a RTX2080 in, but it's designed to fly DCS or BMS and not well appropriated for a tank sim.

32 minutes ago, Viper1970 said:

What are the system requirements for 4.1? Just bought a Ryzen 5 2600X system with 16GB Ram and a Geforce RTX 2060 for my WSO-Pit, which will run SB PE. I want to use mostly high graphic settings with max. resolution of 1920x1080.

The main homecockpit has a Ryzen 2700X with 32GB Ram and a RTX2080 in, but it's designed to fly DCS or BMS and not well appropriated for a tank sim.

If you look at the last few posts of this thread:

Ssnake gives some feedback about running 4.1x.

• Members
1 hour ago, Viper1970 said:

The requirements are unchanged from version 3.0, the recommendations are slightly relaxed in comparison to version 4.0.

So, if 4.0 runs good for you rioght now, chances are it'll run even better with 4.1

I'm quite happy with my GTX980 which is a few generations old already. The frame rate drops usually occur with larger battles and a lot of particles from burning vehicles in the air. We have some ideas how to improve things in that area but I can't say if that will make it in time to go into the initial release. At some point you really want to stop tinkering with the code base lest you introduce new bugs in the attempt to perfectionize what's reasonably good already.

That looks like 2060 will be mostly enough to run it smoothly. I have just upgraded all my systems, cause they were really outdated now. I used a GTX 660 SLI in the pit and a single GTX 660 in the WSO seat before.

It's always a pain (especially in conjunction with the simpit hardware) and expensive to hold two systems up to date. I really had prefered a 2080Ti for the main pit and a 2070 for the WSO but that's far beyond my scope and what my girlfriend is able to suffer 😀

I hope that I'm done now with the systems for the next 4-5 years, but who knows...

Edited by Viper1970

• Members
  • Owners of SB Pro PE 2.6 and higher, on preorder: $25.- for the pure license update/pure download option; after the preorder phase: $30.-
  • Owners of classic licenses version 2.5 and older: $80.- ("old upgrade" option in our web shop)
  • Owners of time-based licenses: $0.-, you simply keep using the license that you have

In addition we will offer certain bundles since the new version also comes with a new user's manual, and a separate map installer. Of course, the PDF version of the user's manual is included in the installation, and the map files can be downloaded separately. Still, it's almost 16 GByte of map data, so we decided to produce USB sticks that will contain the map installer, along with a print batch of the new manual. And just so that we get to produce the right number of items, we will create a preorder option in our web shop,

• Version 4.1 license upgrade, USB "Map Stick", printed version 4.1 user manual, and a useful and beautiful surprise item (only available through preorder): $53.-
  • USB "Map Stick", printed version 4.1 user manual: $29.50 (after preorder phase)
  • Classic license 4.1 including printed manual, "map stick": $149.00