• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Speaking of surprise items,

Yikes!😬.....Suddenly NATO's vehicle line up seems a little dated...if not outdated. Dare one hope for a modern western AFV also ? 😉.....Anyway the new Russian vehicles look absolutely awesome,....i anticipate much fun (and frustration 😁) playing with them in the near future.

Nice! I was suspecting so as one of Grenny's screenshots that had an "AFGANIT" percentage listed below the fuel level. Presumably this means a T-14 too if the rest of the Armata platform are here. Also, at the end it appears the AI used a fragmentary warhead version of the AT-14 against the troops?

will there be new hit effects on turrets? treads? tracks? gun warping? I'd love to have one effect improved - the cook off. I love watching the ammo cook off effect and I just wish there was a way to know where to hit a tank just for this, instead of the grey cloud that just poofs above the turret...

6 hours ago, Damian90 said:

Ha so I was not wrong that Active Protection Systems are implemented in SB Pro PE! :D

Will also NATO vehicles receive them? Like a Trophy HV module for M1A1/M1A2?

Just careful what you wish for.

Nearby friendly Infantry may not share your joy at this feature. ;)

Edited by Gibsonm

6 hours ago, wildbillkelsoe said:

will there be new hit effects on turrets? treads? tracks? gun warping? I'd love to have one effect improved - the cook off. I love watching the ammo cook off effect and I just wish there was a way to know where to hit a tank just for this, instead of the grey cloud that just poofs above the turret...

IRL Tankers are trained to shoot their targets until the Tank stops all movements, Tank is deformed or Ammunition ignites. You will not always have an Ammunition explosion. 

Have the russians come up with some crazy new mineplow mounting method?

image.thumb.png.7628f71c7f7fc296a9a14377442139c6.png

7 minutes ago, Assassin 7 said:

IRL Tankers are trained to shoot their targets until the Tank stops all movements, Tank is deformed or Ammunition ignites. You will not always have an Ammunition explosion. 

Keep shooting until it changes shape and/or colour

Edited by Hedgehog

19 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Just careful what you wish for.

Nearby friendly Infantry may not share your joy at this feature. ;)

Meh, crunchies... which sounds funny to me, in the army I was a crunchie, in the Air Cav. ;)

BTW so your answer means yes? ;)

3 hours ago, Damian90 said:

BTW so your answer means yes? ;)

Did I say "Yes"?

No. I know as much as you do.

I just said be carefully what you wish for.

I'm very happy to wait 5 or 6 weeks to find out for certain, rather than make wild arse guesses and fuel speculation.

Edited by Gibsonm

29 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Did I say "Yes"?

No. I know as much as you do.

I just said be carefully what you wish for.

I'm very happy to wait 5 or 6 weeks to find out for certain, rather than make wild arse guesses and fuel speculation.

Roger that. ;)

• Members
3 hours ago, Breakthrough7 said:

I'm looking forward to learning more about the new fire support systems.  Specifically; 
(1) whether the PZH 2000 has functioning MRSI capability, 
(2) whether there's been adjustments to the interface or underlying code infrastructure for requesting and delivering fire support that will be apparent to the user, 
(3) whether there's been any 155mm/120mm precision guided, or anti-tank munitions added to the inventory, and
(4) obviously more details (or maybe an effects demonstration) elucidating on the impact of the new HE model as it relates to the FS systems.

With the PzH 2000 being an open secret,

1. No. It's not used in real life and seems to be primarily a marketing gimmick. It's not used because of the loss of precision, especially in danger close situations (and these days pretty much all engagements are danger close)
  2. Not for this upgrade
  3. Not for this upgrade
  4. Will do; basically we're using a "general purpose mix" of proximity and impact fuze, with some exceptions (still tinkering with a few details, which is the main reason why I'm holding back with a video yet)