SB Pro PE 4.1 New Features (and stuff)

Ssnake

Thanks!  

38 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

With the PzH 2000 being an open secret,

1. No. It's not used in real life and seems to be primarily a marketing gimmick. It's not used because of the loss of precision, especially in danger close situations (and these days pretty much all engagements are danger close)

Tell me about it!  My first 155mm HE call for fire in combat was at 400 meters danger close, which is about 600 meters closer than I'd called in training prior.  I requested an adjust fire, and instead I got 9 rounds immediate suppression with a 100 meter radius.

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, Breakthrough7 said:

Thanks!  

Tell me about it!  My first 155mm HE call for fire in combat was at 400 meters danger close, which is about 600 meters closer than I'd called in training prior.  I requested an adjust fire, and instead I got 9 rounds immediate suppression with a 100 meter radius.

Either you're qualified or not. ;)

The boys and girls on the line want the fire.

On 6/18/2019 at 11:18 PM, Kingtiger said:

MTO?

Yep, as @Galileo said, message to observer.  It's the final message you receive as the FO before shot&splash, and it's where you learn exactly what will be shot.  In it's briefest form it looks something like: "FDC: Message to Observer, Bravo [firing unit] Quick in Effect [changes/additions/effects], 6 rounds [number of volleys], target number AR0005 [target number].  So this example would be 36 rounds of HE/Quick, in the form of a 6 gun battery firing 6 rounds a piece.
------------------------------------
The second half of RPS' The Flare Path article from today features an interview with Ssnake where he expounds on 4.1 and confirms the following vehicles (some of which have already been confirmed elsewhere);
-BTR-82A
-ATTV Vector
-Mercedes G 300 CDi
-Fennek family; Stinger, mortar, Spike, reconnaissance and artillery observer vehicles 
-BMP B-11 Kurganets-25
-BTR B-10 Kurganets-25
-T-14 Armata
-K-17 Bumerang
-Typhoon-K 
-2s35 Koalitsiya
-BMP T-15 Armata

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/06/21/the-flare-path-invisible-hulls/

Edited by Breakthrough7

Great article and great find @Breakthrough7! Good to have the T-14 Armata finally confirmed after all the speculation. Personally I’m quite excited about the MB G 300 CDi (I was wondering if it would be included after seeing it on one of eSim’s mugs) as I can use it as a close proxy for a Cold War Danish recce vehicle in a scenario I’ve had in mind for years... (a sequel to ‘Armoured Infantry Company Attack at Rydsgard 1991’). A few other vehicles confirmed too but I won’t spoil the surprise for others.

With CROWS now fully modelled, I wonder if there’s an option to add it to M1A2 SEP?

Edited by Panzer_Leader

• Members

Fair point, it's just that the CROWS II was added only fairly recently. This opens up the possibility to add it to other vehicle, eventually, but it still requires that you modify that vehicle to enable it. This works better if you have a customer for that, of course.

On 6/19/2019 at 5:31 AM, Galileo said:

Now that the T-14 has been confirmed. ( Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet)

I wonder will tactics and gunnery drills etc have to adapt.

If the capability's of the T-14 are what the Russians state.

And knowing Esim they have modeled as much as they could.

It will certainly be a challenge even for the best western tanks modeled  in game.

2 hours ago, Breakthrough7 said:

The second half of RPS' The Flare Path article from today features an interview with Ssnake where he expounds on 4.1 and confirms the following vehicles (some of which have already been confirmed elsewhere);
-BTR-82A
-ATTV Vector
-Mercedes G 300 CDi
-Fennek family; Stinger, mortar, Spike, reconnaissance and artillery observer vehicles 
-BMP B-11 Kurganets-25
-BTR B-10 Kurganets-25
-T-14 Armata
-K-17 Bumerang
-Typhoon-K 
-2s35 Koalitsiya
-BMP T-15 Armata

Not an exhaustive list though. The various videos already posted include others. ;)

10 minutes ago, Hedgehog said:

Is the TTB staying in SB?

Ah there you go.

You can start a whole new thread about what vehicles they'll remove! ;)

Personally I'm not aware of them ever removing a vehicle from the available fleet (another difference between here and "Waste of Time") :)

22 hours ago, Breakthrough7 said:

Yep, as @Galileo said, message to observer.  It's the final message you receive as the FO before shot&splash, and it's where you learn exactly what will be shot.  In it's briefest form it looks something like: "FDC: Message to Observer, Bravo [firing unit] Quick in Effect [changes/additions/effects], 6 rounds [number of volleys], target number AR0005 [target number].  So this example would be 36 rounds of HE/Quick, in the form of a 6 gun battery firing 6 rounds a piece.
-BTR-82A
-ATTV Vector
-Mercedes G 300 CDi
-BMP B-11 Kurganets-25
-BTR B-10 Kurganets-25
-T-14 Armata
-K-17 Bumerang
-Typhoon-K 
-2s35 Koalitsiya
-BMP T-15 Armata

Hum, that terrain modification, plus the extra bumpiness it adds, makes me think of using it for some Dakar style racing too! haha 

"Hey guys, stop shooting! I'm trying to win a race here!"  😁