Ssnake

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 hours ago, Splash said:

According to photographic evidence, I think the Boxer, at least, should have an emblem on the front. Since that texture is shared with the APC version of the vehicle, ESim could handle it with a decal, in the same way the Dingo is.

easily done. I never did texturing myself in steel beasts, although I would like to. Yes, the forward aspect is important hence why I ask if TIS can spot and identify an emblem.. It would be a terrible day to the docs if they are fired upon.

4 hours ago, stormrider_sp said:

I'd think it would be better if you choose one vehicle and lobby for it.

Panzerkampfwagen VI Tiger Ausf. E!

Steel beasts is just totally incomplete without it!

Srsly if we can't have it ALL how about a Tiger? lol

Edited by Maj.Hans

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

I think those days are gone, or probably far off. Most of what we're getting is for military customers. Maybe I'm wrong.

Yes, that is wrong.   We spent two years laying down plumbing here. Once everything is fundamentally in order, then of course we will want to go back to making fun stuff, from time to time.

Also, the military didn't request more detailed crew served weapons. This was one of our 'pet projects'. Don't forget that (most of the) Steel Beasts developers also play it too.

2 hours ago, Volcano said:

Also, the military didn't request more detailed crew served weapons. This was one of our 'pet projects'. Don't forget that Steel Beasts developers also play it too.

Great, thank you and happy greetings to the devteam!

• Members
  1. None of our military customers requested the playable
    • T-55,
    • T-62,
    • T-72,
    • BMP-2,
    • BTRs,
    • Challenger 2,
    • Scimitar,
    • Warrior,
    • M1,
    • M1IP,
    • M1A2 SEP,
    • M60A3,
    • Sho't Kal,
    • GTK Boxer,
    • Marder 1A3,
    • Luchs A2,
    • Fuchs,
    • HEMMT,
    • HMMVW,
    • Unimog,
    • Ural-4320,
    • 2.7t 4x4 Technical-F,
    • M88A1,
    • M901,
    • M577,
    • BRDM-2
  2. None of our military customers requested the new HE model.
  3. None of our military customers requested the new terrain engine.
  4. None of our military customer directly requested the new AI; like everybody else they had isolated issues with behavior in specific situations, but it was our decision to move away from the state machine approach with discrete behavioral rules.

These were all common projects/investments that eSim Games made completely autonomous. The idea that there's an "us" (PE users) vs. "them" (military customers) is corrosive, and absolutely not supported by the facts. Only the profits made with military contracts allowed us to work on the important issues. Without military contracts you would have no Personal Edition, or at least none past version 2.4 maybe. So can we please leave this debate behind us, once and for all.

22 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

A good list of "value add" there. :)

I'll certainly keep it for the next person who makes pointed comments about only military customers being accommodated, when most know that isn't the case at all.

Agree !

57 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

These were all common projects/investments that eSim Games made completely autonomous

All these projects make your product stronger. I hope your work will pay off in future military competitions.

12 hours ago, Maj.Hans said:

Panzerkampfwagen VI Tiger Ausf. E!

Steel beasts is just totally incomplete without it!

Srsly if we can't have it ALL how about a Tiger? lol

Plus one for this ❤️

On the list posted by Snake, that is a very nice and rich list of vehicles that where done just for us or as projects ^_^

• Members
14 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

In the video above at 10:47 and a bit later, it seems you can see the rounds in flight (indirect fire and Milan at least) in the map view?

Is this a Mission Editor only feature?

It's an option while Testing as mission, and for Instructor Hosts. (Show menu.)

6 minutes ago, stormrider_sp said:

I cant wait to try!

I can see that the new terrain has more detail to it but what exactly has changed? How will be the process of converting "legacy" maps to the new engine? Will Pro PE user be able to do it?

Cheers

Yes, you can convert maps...but it need several minutes processing for each map. so the maps delivered on release (some 30 GB??) will save a lot of time

30 minutes ago, Grenny said:

Yes, you can convert maps...but it need several minutes processing for each map. so the maps delivered on release (some 30 GB??) will save a lot of time

30Gb?! Will I be able to install these maps on a drive that is not my C-drive?