Ssnake

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On July 10, 2019 at 11:20 PM, Gibsonm said:

I hope this process is covered in exhaustive detail in both the Release Notes and the Manual and at the "Map Conversion for Dummies" type level.

I can see a lot of people wanting to convert / update the maps they've created / modified and if its not clearly articulated (screenshots highlighting steps, etc.) and "assumption free" from those who have been intimately involved (i.e. steps skipped due to familiarity with the process) then I can see a lot of angst, or a bunch of new posts in the "Map Request Thread" when people just ask someone else to do it.

+1

• Members

Habemus candidatus emittandus - version 4.156

With this version we have essentially stopped tinkering and trying to fix bugs. We're going to kick the tires until tomorrow (another all-nighter, yay...), then send it off for the USB stick production, and test it more thoroughly for another week. Getting here took us a few days longer than anticipated. Since we don't want to release immediately before a weekend (so we're ready to to support the initial peak in support cases), this means that release day will be Monday 29th.

10 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Habemus candidatus emittandus - version 4.156

With this version we have essentially stopped tinkering and trying to fix bugs. We're going to kick the tires until tomorrow (another all-nighter, yay...), then send it off for the USB stick production, and test it more thoroughly for another week. Getting here took us a few days longer than anticipated. Since we don't want to release immediately before a weekend (so we're ready to to support the initial peak in support cases), this means that release day will be Monday 29th.

Nice! Although I'm regretting my choice to get stuck in with the current version using my 30-day license instead of waiting until the stick was shipped. I assume it will ship around that date and I can expect around a week for delivery since I'm in the EU? Pre-ordered June 29.

• Members

Yeah, we wanted to be ready in early July, but then a few last-minute bugs popped up, so we're only today ready to start the production of the USB sticks. On Monday at least the installation files will be available for download. If downloading 19 GByte is not an option for you then yes, there will be a delay before your shipment arrives.

1 hour ago, Ssnake said:

Yeah, we wanted to be ready in early July, but then a few last-minute bugs popped up, so we're only today ready to start the production of the USB sticks. On Monday at least the installation files will be available for download. If downloading 19 GByte is not an option for you then yes, there will be a delay before your shipment arrives.

Got awesome fiber, so all good for download. Although my main issue is that my 30 day license will expire i 12 days so not sure if the stick gets here in time.