• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Let me work on the video a bit more.

More than happy sir, love to see the videos. i will have to drool over the media content and release notes for a while, being on the road in Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan means its going to be a while before i get this downloaded. 

31 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

It's more a list of how much is available.

Nice.

Does this tie in with an as of yet unseen new method of limiting off-map artillery rounds or does it count on-map artillery rounds, or both?  I notice the values displayed zeros, despite the PzH 2000s presence in the video.  

• Members
1 hour ago, Breakthrough7 said:

Does this tie in with an as of yet unseen new method of limiting off-map artillery rounds

Yes.

or does it count on-map artillery rounds

No.

I notice the values displayed zeros, despite the PzH 2000s presence in the video.  

The scenes were shot out of sequence, at times with different scenarios even.

You can have jumbled, shaky, and incoherent in-game footage. Or you can have my attempts at telling a story in a way that is both visually appealing and coherent, but then you have to work like film people do and arrange specific sequences. Only now did I manage to get the perfect helicopter chase cam that shows a couple of hits without actually downing the helicopter. Most of the time nothing happened, occasionally too much happened. ;)

So, minor differences are to be expected.

Spoiler

You will notice that the PzH 2000 shots were made with different lighting, and that the gun points in the wrong direction. But it was a cool shot, so I used it anyway.

...and you can do all this now, too!

When testing a mission and in the tethered view (Shift+F8) or in the free-flight cam view, Alt+Space will open the "Camera Animation Window" where you can set keyframes for camera angles, and have smooth movement between them while you keep Fraps rolling (or whatever your favorite screen capture tool is). This can now be set up while the 3D view is paused (otherwise you could already do this in 4.0), so you can now be the producer/director/script writer/storyboard artist/camera man (and cutter...) of your own war movies.

I for one am looking forward to seeing great Steel Beasts videos that I don't have to make. Maybe we should organize a Steel Beasts Film Festival.

3 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

...and given sufficient reference from your end, the new particle system can probably be adapted to your requirements. :)

Oh I meant the Public Wish List thread, but am trying to shape decision makers here too.

Also will the new cyclone wire mesh fences serve as impromptu "RPG screens"?

Edited by Gibsonm

1 hour ago, Gibsonm said:

Yes.

Of course it opens the door to requests / wishes to being able to select BE or WP smoke (their delivery looks different). :)

It worked for us in Vietnam...

Edited by delta6
delete

1 minute ago, DarkAngel said:

Why?

In general, Soviet Cold War vehicles have always intrigued me. While I admire BRDM-2s, T-72s, BMPs, and Hinds as much as the next guy here, it’s  the rear-echelon vehicles that have a special place in my heart. I’m still giddy we got the MT-LB, BM-21, 2S1, and 2S3 a few years back. And now we’re getting this gem!? F’get about it...😀

Anyway, I think in an old BRDM thread you mentioned you were possibly gonna get a ride in one (ACRV/1V1x). Did you? Hmm, I wonder if you modeled this after it?