Ssnake

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, drcancerman said:

Just bought the printed manual with the USB stick version. Now, I'm unsure, does this one come with the license upgrade from 4.0 to 4.1? 

If "just" means in the last day or so then yes you are getting 4.165.

If "just" is say a couple a weeks ago or longer you may need to email Ssnake, depending on whether you purchased the "pre-order" or an ordinary copy.

9 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

If "just" means in the last day or so then yes you are getting 4.165.

If "just" is say a couple a weeks ago or longer you may need to email Ssnake, depending on whether you purchased the "pre-order" or an ordinary copy.

I think I may have done a booboo... reading Ssnake replies from a couple of the pages on the beginning of this thread, it seems I may not have bought the one with the license.

I just bought the one that had $27.50 as it's price an hour or so ago.

Sometimes I amaze myself with my stupidity.

I'd drop him a line.

Certainly this suggests:

Manual and USB Stick

• 32 GByte USB “Installation Stick”
  • Printed version 4.1 user manual
  • FREE SHIPPING
  • *Shipments will be delayed until approximately Aug 4.*

That all you have bought is the USB stick (containing a copy of the software and maps) and a printed manual - there is no mention of a license or license upgrade.

I suspect you'll have a copy of 4.165 on the USB stick but no license to run it.

Edited by Gibsonm

• Members
4 hours ago, drcancerman said:

Just bought the printed manual with the USB stick version. Now, I'm unsure, does this one come with the license upgrade from 4.0 to 4.1? 

Did you pay $27.50, of $53.- ?

Seems like you ordered only manual and USB stick but not the license. The preorder period has ended, and with it the bundling of upgrade license with the manual; they are now separate items.

3 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Did you pay $27.50, of $53.- ?

Seems like you ordered only manual and USB stick but not the license. The preorder period has ended, and with it the bundling of upgrade license with the manual; they are now separate items.

I'll drop you an e-mail to see if I can switch to the lincese version and pay the remaining. I'll do so in an hour.

Edited by drcancerman

• Members

Well, if you want a printed manual, and if you want a license, you'd just have to place a second order (for the license).

It's different of course if you don't want the manual. In that case we can cancel your order, no problem.

14 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

Well, if you want a printed manual, and if you want a license, you'd just have to place a second order (for the license).

It's different of course if you don't want the manual. In that case we can cancel your order, no problem.

Just sent you an e-mail, if that is the best option, instead of switching the order and paying the difference, then yes, that will be preferable. Since I can't afford paying extra $30 for the license. 
I'm sorry, I don't know what my brain was thinking, or if it was thinking at the time... heh!

11 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

You can always "make do" by printing the PDF from the installation (there's a copy installed into the \docs sub folder).

It may not look as professional, but it contains all the same information.

Yep, I agree, Which is why I want to either switch the order and pay the difference, or cancel it and place a new one. I thought pre-orders were up until the 28th haha!

55 minutes ago, Hoover said:

Naming the release 5.0 would be appropriate. 

Indeed. This is probably going to be one of the most significant upgrades in long time, enough to dever its own number. However I believe it is already way to late to change the designation

53 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

There's still a patch to build and to test.

We're not delaying things just to torture you, as much appeal as the thought may have. ;)

Yes, yes you are enjoying this! Taking pleasure on little things in life, like making us drool for the 4.1 and me waiting for the license hahaha 😄