Saying hi

Fastbikkel

Hi guys,

i thought "let me at least introduce myself a bit".

I am 42 years old and from the Netherlands.
My gaming passion is simulations, flight, armor, racing, you name it i will probably be interested.
I also play Arma 3 and rfactor for example.
Couple of days ago i finally ordered a codemeter stick to get SB pro, for now im running a trial license while im waiting delivery of the stick.

I have been a fan since the SB gold time, but that edition is A) old and B) it does not run on my computer anymore.

For years i wanted to buy the newer SB pro, but i never got to it until a few days ago. In the meantime i hadnt touched SB at least for 10 years.

Now i am a hobbyist when it comes to this kind of simulator ( i have no real experience in the military), but i have a real passion for it and i just love the mission editor and the way i can play "god" on the map.

I also love to be inside the tank every now and then, but my greatest passion for now is being the commander that oversees the battle from a distance.

I am interested in multiplayer as well, but i do not have an idea on when i can do that yet (combining it with family life)

THe forum is a place where i will regularly be.

Sincerely,

Stefan.

Edited by Fastbikkel

Welcome to the community.

We have a active MP community 

I am sure the guys will make them self known.

There is a broad choice of time zones to choose from. 

Check the upcoming events section on the home page.

Edited by Marko

Welcome! 

I would check out the Starter Pack if you haven't already: http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=Starter_Pack

From there, check out some missions, with ones like Camp Hornfelt, Tank Platoon in Attack, or Tank Company in Attack being a good place to start. 

Otherwise, interact with the community. There is a wealth of knowledge out there!

For multiplayer, there are plenty of opportunities. Check out the Multiplayer Engagements section of the forum for some of the latest listings; there are numerous events going on each week. Also, don't worry too much about joining a multiplayer game for the first time. There seems to be a trend among new players that they aren't "ready" to play a Multiplayer session. If you have done all of the tutorials on a specific vehicle, and have completed the tank range, you are generally "ready enough," to participate. Just talk to the group, and they can generally find a spot for you that will work with both what you want to do, and with your skill level. 

16 minutes ago, Mirzayev said:

Welcome! 

There seems to be a trend among new players that they aren't "ready" to play a Multiplayer session. If you have done all of the tutorials on a specific vehicle, and have completed the tank range, you are generally "ready enough," to participate. Just talk to the group, and they can generally find a spot for you that will work with both what you want to do, and with your skill level. 

+1

The events are very "newbie friendly" Just pipe up and tell people your experience level and those running it will do their best to match the assignment with your comfort level.

Hope to see you around sometime.