Frame rate discussion

Bluewings

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch. Well, you should try to go back to 24 bit after subsequent driver updates. No current graphics card should require a restriction to 16 bit depth resolution.

I'll try that if it helps, because I tried everythings else with my 8800 ultra cards in SLI and nothing worked. And yes I have the latest drivers!

• Members

I'm currently working on setting up a new notebook with Santa Rosa chipset. So far the impressions both under Vista and XP are quite favorable (32 bit versions each). As a graphics card I added the GeForce 8600M GT to the list on the first page since it seems to be a rather popular choice among notebook manufacturers at the moment.

• 4 months later...

I am looking for a pat on the back and the resulting "warm fuzzy feeling". I hope I do not get a "You are a dumb s**t" reply.

I am upgrading from an ATI X300 to a GeForce 8600 GT.

With the ATI X300 - my thermal sight will change colors on a long scenario and it sometimes loses the aiming whatyoumacallit when the mag. is increased.

Plus it was crashing a lot lately which only started happening after I upgraded my DirectX to 10.

I have been reading research about cards and making sure they will fit my current system and the 8600GT will work according to Dell.

Did I screw up?

Thanks I am happy - installed it tonight - now I can play at higher resolutions and no crashes so far.

I don't mean to give you bad news but I've been using the 8600GT for quite some time and not particularly very happy about it. My Operating system is XP so I don't run on directX 10. The reviews of 8600GT which I read before buying the card told that 8600GT was kind of poor in its OpenGL capabilities. Been proven true when I run Combat mission shock force which is OpenGL based. On direct X 9.0 games I find it to be sufficiently fast though for DirectX10 games you could expect to see its performance to drop. But I have no experience of using the card in DirectX 10 environment.