white or black stars

delta6

I think if all of the stars were the same size as the first 2 you would have a keeper but the color is too black maybe a grey white.....As you look at the M-60A3 do you think it needs more track blocks on the turret rung??( The track blocks thing is a Hint")...

12 hours ago, delta6 said:

The mod works just fine..But sometimes a white diamond with the roman numeral 3 pops up on one or more of the tank turrets...Would you know how to eliminate them??Thank you 

My best guess was to turn the file USdecals_early.dds into a transparent field, but that doesn't seem to do the trick.  I'll let you know if I figure it out, though maybe someone that knows will chime in sooner.  

I found the USdecal_early.dds..Opened it with paintnet the changed the hardness factor to 0...I will run a few missions and give and update..A quick test and that did not work...What part of paint or paintnet do I look at for the "transparent" selection??

Edited by delta6

No worries, this stuff helps me chill out.  So the path of least resistance is to open up the skin file you'd like to modify, in paint.net, and add the stars using the built in shape tool, which includes a star.  Once you've found that, it's a question of orienting, coloring, and weathering the star to your liking, which might require copying the stars to new files, and then back to your skin file.  I don't *really* know what I'm doing, so I use the 'adjustments' tab to get change the brightness/contrast of the stars, and then the effects tab to add some noise.

steps.thumb.jpg.13fb3decd120a16da997426f4edc3d36.jpg

m60a3.dds  -- Black stars

m60a3.dds  --White stars

22 minutes ago, delta6 said:

So that's how it is done...Okay I can make my own but it will not allow me to save the work..What do I do ?? I also found that size 40 is perfect for the stars in size......

Not sure what's preventing you from saving but maybe make a copy of the skin you want to use, and move it somewhere besides the SB directory before trying to modify it.  Could be permissions related.  And once you're able to save it, make sure you've selected file type; direct draw surface (dds).

Thank you the size 35 in the star setting and select your color before placing works beautifully...I now am a proud owner of and M-60A3 with subdued white stars...Next projects are M1 series and the M-88...Again thank you..

ibarw.jpg

They came out really well, nice work!  I still think that maybe the unit marking plates are a function of that decal file, so I'll have another look at it and see if I can't figure out the issue (might be another file with random gear etc affecting it).  As for OD green versions of all the American vics, maybe have a look in the downloads section of the forum, you might be able to find what you're looking for.  Do you have any particular vehicles in mind, say like Vietnam era vics or everything?  Might be another project to start.  

Edited by Breakthrough7