AI Spotting/reporting questions

Hello Nils, everybody.. Well I just have one time based license that came with the stick but never used it. From this thread, I gather that I should be able to use that license to try 4.1? Also, I must ask about a very important feature or how it works - the after action report. Yes, I would like to know how does AI detect me when I am covered by bushes (bearing in mind that cover is not always concealment). There are two tabs, one for reported enemy, the other for actual enemy. What are the basis of detection? Do tanks AI radio eachother my position once I am detected? Am I right in assuming that it does? "This is 1-1, contact tank east 0754 6789". Does the same apply to AI?

• Members
42 minutes ago, wildbillkelsoe said:

I just have one time based license that came with the stick but never used it. From this thread, I gather that I should be able to use that license to try 4.1?

Yes.

I would like to know how does AI detect me when I am covered by bushes (bearing in mind that cover is not always concealment).

You should never rely on vegetation preventing your detection. Concealment certainly helps to reduce the likelihood (to a small, but still non-zero chance), but only cover can reliably break the line of sight.

There are two tabs, one for reported enemy, the other for actual enemy. What are the basis of detection? Do tanks AI radio eachother my position once I am detected?

Yes.

All known enemy positions are stored in a party-wide "hive mind" --- if the reporting unit has radio connection.

1 hour ago, wildbillkelsoe said:

I would like to know how does AI detect me when I am covered by bushes (bearing in mind that cover is not always concealment).

As it was explained to me:

"If the AI can see one pixel of your unit, they know what unit you are, range, azimuth, what tactic you are on, etc, all from seeing one pixel."

I.E. if they can see your antennas they know everything.

I think the AI "sees" in various arcs, not 100% about that though.

• Members
1 hour ago, Hedgehog said:

"If the AI can see one pixel of your unit, they know what unit you are, range, azimuth, what tactic you are on, etc, all from seeing one pixel."

That's a bit drastic as a summary. Yes, it CAN happen like that. IF it happens is a matter of luck, and how long you are exposed to enemy observation. Also by factors such as own movement, how much dust you kick up, whether there was reported activity in the vicinity of your location before. Once that you are detected, you're immediately identified. That's the bit about the simplification in our model.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Hedgehog said:

I think the AI "sees" in various arcs, not 100% about that though.

No, the AI doesn't spot antennas. Every vehicle has a "detect" frame, which is placed at the top of the main surface, like the roof of the turret, or the roof of the hull in the case of turret-less vehicles. Everything below that is a valid thing for the AI to spot.

• 2 weeks later...