Jump to content

Recommended Posts

O.k. thanks for the elucidation. Will there be an option to buy the license without a credit card in future, e.g. with PayPal? I don't own a credit card, cause here in Germany it doesn't make much sense. I do all my software acquisition via PayPal and I really own a huge collections of combat sims 😉

 

Last time I bought the Classic Version I used the credit card of a friend but that's always a bit complicated. PayPal would make things so much easier!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, PayPal would make things a lot more complicated for us. Our requests to include PayPal in our payment options weren't met with an offer of conditions that we could have accepted. And unfortunately the change of owner at OkaySoft has also resulted in us being forced to sever our business relationship. If you have a suggestion for some other game-oriented mail order shop in Europe that supports alternative payment options, I'll be happy to contact them and offer them a business partnership.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Europe, hmm no. St... is also no option for you, I think.

 

I will do my very best to get a credit card once again. I don't want to accuire one only for Steel Beast Pro, but I think I will be able to solve this problem once again.

 

This was also one reason I had choosen the codemeter version, cause I don't want to borrow someones credit card every time I need a new time license 😀 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, sorry about that. Also, I don't think that acquiring a credit card for the sole purpose of a single $25.- ... $30.- purchase is a great idea. There are however prepaid credit cards out there. Maybe they work better for those who use them only very rarely. I don't know the fee structure with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Viper1970,

 

Send me a PM and we can perhaps sort something out.

 

If its workable I'm happy to buy the upgrade on your behalf and then send you the email with the license URL, once your funds arrive in my account (via bank transfer or whatever).

 

For everyone else - no I'm not going to act as a clearing house for multitudes of European's who don't have a credit card, but I suspect if anyone in that position asks, someone here will be able to help.

 

Edited by Gibsonm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Viper1970 check with your bank regarding a virtual visa debit card. It acts like a credit card for online purchases, uses your funds and has all of the protection services that credit cards provide. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Gibsonm

 

Many, many thanks for your assistance, that's really nice from you!!!

 

I'have talked with my girlfriend yesterday night and she own's already a credit card. I don't had any idea of this, but she sweared that she had bought the last license three years ago, also. O.k. too many things happend the last years, so I really couldn't evoke to this. All I knew was that I talked to a good friend of mine, if he could do this for me, but it seems my girlfriend did it at finally. So, no problem with the payment now 😀

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Is there any chance to see a FlakPz Gepard 1A2 in SB somewhere in future, or is it already included? I could remember that I asked this sometime a year or so ago, but at this time no plans for it exist. I really love this anti aircraft tank and had the chance to take part of a training simulation in it, at the Flugabwehrregiment 10 in Sigmaringen, many years ago when I was in the german Bundeswehr.

 

Edited by Viper1970

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Viper1970 said:

@Gibsonm

 

Many, many thanks for your assistance, that's really nice from you!!!

 

I'have talked with my girlfriend yesterday night and she own's already a credit card. I don't had any idea of this, but she sweared that she had bought the last license three years ago, also. O.k. too many things happend the last years, so I really couldn't evoke to this. All I knew was that I talked to a good friend of mine, if he could do this for me, but it seems my girlfriend did it at finally. So, no problem with the payment now 😀

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Is there any chance to see a FlakPz Gepard 1A2 in SB somewhere in future, or is it already included? I could remember that I asked this sometime a year or so ago, but at this time no plans for it exist. I really love this anti aircraft tank and had the chance to take part of a training simulation in it, at the Flugabwehrregiment 10 in Sigmaringen, many years ago when I was in the german Bundeswehr.

 

This Girlfriend sounds like a keeper

 

The Gepard is probably low on the list. use the 2S6 with guns only for now.

(Squint a bit)

 

I'd like to see a Marksman SPAAG (55% hit rate)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Looking forward to this!! 
Although, I will, cheekily say that I would really be happy if you guys released on Steam. It would seriously help me pay with the local currency, instead of the crazy exchange rates, and finding someone to loan me an international credit card(it is a pain in the ass to get one here) + taxes for international shopping + taxes on conversion rate. 

Either way, I've been a fan on Steel Beasts since 2.5, and never uninstalled it from my PC since I bought it. Hopefully, I can get an international credit card again for this upgrade. 

Edited by drcancerman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I wish we could make payments easier for everyone, I just don't see that Steel Beasts would ever be on Steam, or any other prorietary software store under control of some data-collecting big corporation that will keep 30% of the money "because it's customary" (=because they can).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

While I wish we could make payments easier for everyone, I just don't see that Steel Beasts would ever be on Steam, or any other prorietary software store under control of some data-collecting big corporation that will keep 30% of the money "because it's customary" (=because they can).

Well what do expect, just like you they have people to pay..:D

It is customary to pay for services when rendered? no? 

Edited by Wolfseven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

30% of the turnover for an automated shop/download system?

Well, you are the one to pay for this markup, just in case you weren't aware of that.

 

eSim Games doesn't need their services, but what's more, eSim Games does neither need nor desire to have a third party separating us from our customers. Short of marriage and family, few things are more intimate than customer relations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I take it that since I have given back my Visa card many years ago (never used it, never needed it, but costs money for nothing), and Paypal is not accepted, and Ssnake commented on Okaysoft in Germany in a way that makes me think the new version will not be available from there (change of owner there did not go well for eSim?), I thus must let 4.1 go?

 

Thats quite a disappointment, but all things sooner or later come to an end, and it seems I must say goodbye to newer SBP versions then. On the other hand, for the same reason I did not get P3D as well, and I still live. :)  Free credit cards by banks, if only one cares to read the fineprint and do some math beyond the first year or so, are not really free. Also, I shy away from organising one once again for just one single transaction.

 

Schade drum.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this is quickly becoming a critique of the European banking sector but do not most bankcards have a visa or maestro element? I'm sure you could pay with that. If not how on earth do you cope in the 21st century? Places in the UK are beginning to look at you like you have herpes when you pay with cash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, hoggydog said:

I know this is quickly becoming a critique of the European banking sector but do not most bankcards have a visa or maestro element? 

Most   of  affordable  cards(Visa Electron, Maestro etc) are  "for electronic use only" and cannot be utilized for the  payments in the internet in many cases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing's wrong with them. It's just that the deal we made with Verisign some 15 years ago did not include them (at the time they weren't very popular in the US), and in the meantime Verisign was bought up by PayPal, and PayPal has vastly different ideas about ... well, lots of things. So, unless we completely surrender to PP's conditions (including data collection on our customers), we're stuck with what we have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe they are called something else there. Here a debit card is simply a credit card with no credit. You can only spend your own money. They are backed bty VISA and Mastercard so they have all the spending and security power but with no overdraft facility. Mine costs me nothing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DarkAngel said:

Maybe they are called something else there. Here a debit card is simply a credit card with no credit. You can only spend your own money. They are backed bty VISA and Mastercard so they have all the spending and security power but with no overdraft facility. Mine costs me nothing.

 

that's what i was talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skybird03 said:

I thus must let 4.1 go?

 

 

 

 

 

Hi Skybird03,

I’d gladly help you out.

Send PM if need be.

Best !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For what it is worth, I have used my debit card for all Steel Beasts purchases with zero issues. A debit card (at least the American version of it) works perfectly. 

 

Maybe this discussion regarding payment methods should be split off into another thread, and this one be kept reserved for new "reveals" for 4.1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ssnake said:

30% of the turnover for an automated shop/download system?

Well, you are the one to pay for this markup, just in case you weren't aware of that.

 

eSim Games doesn't need their services, but what's more, eSim Games does neither need nor desire to have a third party separating us from our customers. Short of marriage and family, few things are more intimate than customer relations.


You choose how close and personal those customers can be. I've been helping a developer on Steam's forum for their simulator these last 2 or so months. And they have to pay for the downloads, the platform, and the other nice things Steam offers. They also cover up some of the regional pricing on their 30%, since some third party companies in third world countries LOVE to overcharge for their services. But, even with that overcharge, it is easier, and cheaper for us than to use an international credit card. Plus, you get more visibility, and you can get free Steam keys to sell on your site, in which Valve takes nothing from. For example, if people want to support your company directly, sell the keys on your site and you get 100% of the proceedings. 
But it is fine if you choose not to do it. This is just my opinion to make it easier for us to get your product. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

debit cards draw funds directly from your checking account, which exposes you to considerable risk to hackers or poor security measures- in either case thieves can potentially clean out your bank account very quickly whereas you can easier dispute unauthorized charges to your credit card before the damage gets done, banks have algorithms that can detect unusual activity, and finally credit cards aren't linked to your primary funds. personally I would never use a debit card for purchases, the only purpose I would use one is to draw cash from a trusted atm location. if you pay your credit card purchases off as soon as they post, you're in good shape and you build up a good credit score

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...