Question about the time limited license version

Mace71

Hi, I used to have SB Pro PE years ago but sold it in a mad moment. Anyway, have a hankering to play it again and see there's now time limited licenses and seeing as the system specs are slightly higher now it's a good way to try and see if it still runs on my PC.

Just one question though, if I get a month license and then get another month one after that will it keep updating the version I have or will it be a separate download and license each time? Same if I had a month, had a month off and then had another month, will it carry over or be a new license?

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers

50 minutes ago, Mace71 said:

Hi, I used to have SB Pro PE years ago but sold it in a mad moment. Anyway, have a hankering to play it again and see there's now time limited licenses and seeing as the system specs are slightly higher now it's a good way to try and see if it still runs on my PC.

Just one question though, if I get a month license and then get another month one after that will it keep updating the version I have or will it be a separate download and license each time? Same if I had a month, had a month off and then had another month, will it carry over or be a new license?

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers

Welcome back! :)

Well, SB Pro PE doesn't have auto-update functionality, so  you need to install patches, updates and upgrades yourself, if they are released. And if your time-limited license is expired,  you are just not able to  start SB, but nobody is going to wipe it  from your  computer, so in fact you can keep it up-to-date and activate  another license when you need it. Also please note, that time-limited licenses are not a subscription, so there is  no recurring payments etc.

Edited by Jartsev

22 minutes ago, Jartsev said:

Welcome back! :)

Well, SB Pro PE doesn't have auto-update functionality, so  you need to install patches, updates and upgrades yourself, if they are released. And if your time-limited license is expired,  you are just not able to  start SB, but nobody is going to wipe it  from your  computer, so in fact you can keep it up-to-date and activate  another license when you need it.

Thanks for the welcome :)

That's great, thanks, that'll make it a bit easier if I feel having a limited license is better for me right now :) 

14 hours ago, Ssnake said:

The license remains valid, but the old version would still need to be uninstalled, and the new version to be installed. Just as a clarification.

Sorry, just so I'm clear, you mean the SB PRO PE software needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled each time I return to the game if I have a on/off month license? I mean if I have pay for a month license for June then don't for July and then do again for August.

Sorry if I'm confusing things here :)

• Members

NO.

You can have Steel Beasts Pro PE installed indefinitely after a license expired, and to renew the license you simply purchase another one and then activate that license ticket.

It's just that I wanted to make clear that if you install SB Pro PE 4.0 now and then want to play version 4.1, you'd have to uninstall version 4.0 before installing 4.1. The license will survive the uninstallation process, so you can "switch Steel Beasts versions in mid stream" so to speak, it's just that we don't have an auto-update function where Steel Beasts would check for a new version, and then you'd just have to OK the installation process and then go and fetch a coffee, and when you come back everything's magically on the new version.