Cannon fire explosion, dust cannon explosion and map

stealth

Please, check this two videos:

Are the cannon fire explosion and dust cannon explosion a mod or stock effects ?

The cannon explosion fire is different, more defined (more resolution?), more real . The dust also is different in version 4.0. And where I can find this exact maps? seems training maps ?

Edited by stealth

the first video looks like version 3 effects- that looks like the original graphic for gun fire, not a mod. keep in mind the version 4 particle system was not in place yet to render the muzzle flash and fire effects as it does now- all the fire effects animation you see prior to version 4 were basically a few frames of animation and not the dynamic particle system in place now. I don't remember in what year they introduced m1a2 (likely also version 3), but it was some years ago. 

Edited by Captain_Colossus

it was always the same graphic (it may have been rotated to give the appearance of variation- I don't remember), you can verify this if you know where to look in the image directory of sb' s file structure and open up the file with an image editor and see what it looks like. i will also add that the fire effects have improved with every iteration  (check out videos from version 2 and compare with 4) the sprite based graphics for particles, tracers and burning material were always more washed out looking and puny. when you see the videos of the soon to be released version, it gets even better. grows more hair on your chest and this sort of thing

Edited by Captain_Colossus

Thank you.

Anyone know this maps? are training maps or anyone know training maps with this holes and indicators numbers like minute 6:28 of the second video? (is posible to create this holes and indicators with editor?)

Edited by stealth

I'm not sure of what map this

12 minutes ago, stealth said:

(is posible to create this holes and indicators with editor?)

yes those items you can place in mission editor to any map of your choosing.

Reference panel  (not a number panel, but just panel that you can see and identify from rest of environment even with thermal view)

Vehicle emplacement (hole where AFV can drive to)

and Dragons teeth you can find from obstacles.

52 minutes ago, stealth said:

Thank you.

Anyone know this maps? are training maps or anyone know training maps with this holes and indicators numbers like minute 6:28 of the second video? (is posible to create this holes and indicators with editor?)

Vehicle fighting positions(vehicle emplacements) and  reference panels  are not map-specific  objects- you can to add them to any  scenario with  the Mission Editor

2 hours ago, Jartsev said:

Vehicle fighting positions(vehicle emplacements) and  reference panels  are not map-specific  objects- you can to add them to any  scenario with  the Mission Editor

And indeed dynamically (in the upcoming 4.1x) if you have:

a. Enough time

b. The relevant armoured engineer vehicles