Galileo

Microprose is back and may use TitanIM/Outerra engine

1 hour ago, Marko said:

+1

I also am also wondering what direction micropose are taking.

I am clearly stating the obvious but,

The market has moved on since there hay day. trying to complete against 

DCS Esim etc in the area of fidelity anyway is going to be difficult and expensive.

Games like war thunder and WOT have the light entertainment side of the market.

So it leaves me wondering what there strategy is.

I think there is a big gap in the market in the middle ground between gameys like WT and sims like DCS. Think about a good Apache Longbow or Attack Submarine or WW2 Battleship sims in line with middle ground reality based genre like Flaming Cliffs. Not hardcore study sims like DCS series, but not kids trigger frenzy MMO like WT.

How long since we dont have a proper Apache sim? Last game I remember was Apache Havok, from 1998! SSN was Dangerous Waters from 2005! And the last good WW2 Battleship sim was Task Force 1942 from 1992! If I was a new developer that's where I would tackle.

What makes me sick about this Microprose revival thread, tho, is this 'announcement of an announcement' crap with silly artwork and nothing to show.

2 hours ago, Marko said:

The market has moved on since there hay day. trying to complete against 

DCS Esim etc in the area of fidelity anyway is going to be difficult and expensive.

Games like war thunder and WOT have the light entertainment side of the market.

So it leaves me wondering what there strategy is.

Theres always a market for shiny explodey wargames!

On 9/8/2019 at 12:26 PM, stormrider_sp said:

Iis this 'announcement of an announcement' crap with silly artwork and nothing to show.

There has been an announcement in february, the first game they are doing is Warbirds 2020, the artwork with helis, soldiers etc is for not yet announced new game that will use the outterra/titanim engine.

"

iEntertainment Network Inc. and MicroProse announce agreement for Development and Co-Publishing of the new WarBirds 2020 World War II flight simulation that has been successfully entertaining millions on virtual online pilots since 1995.

CEO David Lagettie of MicroProse says, “I am excited to work with iEntertainment Network CEO and Co-Founder of MicroProse, ‘Wild Bill’ Stealey, to produce the next generation of WarBirds 2020 WW II combat flight simulation using new modern technology and promoting worldwide.”

Wild Bill Stealey says, “It will be fun to be working with MicroProse again to do great simulation games! We are very excited to be partnering with David and his team to update our very successful WarBirds 2020 product for WW II combat simulation fans around the world.”

http://www.combatsim.com/topics/combat-flight-sim/warbirds-2020/

Edited by bobm

Six months after, 2 images to show us the wonderful work and great progress from Microprose. They are on the course to beat Duke Nuken Forever !

spacer.pngspacer.png

when you go to the website they are soliciting ideas. this is what i was getting at earlier. i do not wish this on anyone or anything like that, but you get this sense of what is going on. and that is what it is