Steel Beasts Pro PE Version 4.1 Pre Orders now being accepted

Gibsonm

• Members
1 hour ago, nickh63 said:

Can someone please help does the upgrade bundle include the  maps on usb a new manual and an upgrade from 3.028 to 4.1 for $53? 

If you are interested in the bundle, please send me an email. The least I can offer is a $25.- refund if you order both. We will, of course, also offer the USB stick and the printed manual after the end of the preorder phase, but then without the preorder discounts, so I can see how our current offer may appear deficient in your specific case.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news!

Pardon me for not being completely up to date with the new release content/concept.

To put it simply:

1. I own SBProPE 4.023 (full/unlimited) with my current license on a Codemeter-stick

2. I want everything new in 4.1 (think I'm referring mostly to the maps-update here and know it's a lot of data to download)

3. Do I have to order maps upgrade on a DVD or can I download them as they become available online?

I see a pricetag at $25.00 that would fit me, but do I get the maps upgrade (new terrain features) with that?

Thanks for any clarification, cheers all happy tankers!

/Ingolf

Edited by Ingolf

I just preordered. I received a link to update my license. When I go to see my CodeMeter Control Center it says that I have CmStick and ESIMGAMES and under the latter one Status: Empty license container. However when I clicked the upgrade link I got via email everything seemed to work. Am I missing something or is everything as it's supposed to be?

Thanks Rotareneq!

That's what I was hoping for. I have my old printed manual but might get the upgraded one sent to me later on.

Quite a few updates there I guess. So the pre-order is a better deal, instead of waiting for the release? I'm not in a hurry, but if I save a few bucks I could just as well pre-order to show my interest and appreciation of this brilliant sim.

All the best,

/Ingolf

1 hour ago, Rosmarus said:

I just preordered. I received a link to update my license. When I go to see my CodeMeter Control Center it says that I have CmStick and ESIMGAMES and under the latter one Status: Empty license container. However when I clicked the upgrade link I got via email everything seemed to work. Am I missing something or is everything as it's supposed to be?

Well the email specifically said (Caps in the email to make it even clearer):

" PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE INSTALLED THE LATEST VERSION OF SB PRO PE AND THAT YOUR CODEMETER STICK IS PLUGGED INTO A USB PORT. "

As this was a Pre-order, the "latest version" (4.1) isn't out yet.

My understanding of the email is:

1. WAIT until 4.1 is released.

2. Download and install 4.1

3. THEN click on the link in the email.

I'm unsure what damage, if any, you have done by clicking on the link prior.

Does 4.023 still launch?

Edited by Gibsonm

Upgrade 4.0 to 4.1 preordered. I have almost entirely given up on preordering anything these days, but you can't go wrong with a new version of Steel Beasts. And really, if it helps esim (beyond simply cashflow now vs. later), then it's a done deal.

2 hours ago, Rosmarus said:

That's normal, the "ESIMGAMES" one is for time limited licenses, CmStick is the physical dongle. If you want to check that the license installed correctly, hit the WebAdmin button and you should get something like the following image. If you see 4.1 on the list, you're good to go when 4.1 comes out.

K1BoL3M.png

5 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Are you saying you didn't get an email(s) after placing your order?

Or are you saying you didn't receive some sort of promotional email / newsletter telling that 4.1 was now available for pre-order??

I think Snake is getting concerned about the first issue (I certainly received two emails after I placed the order).

No, no no we got our purchase orders emails, we didn't get a promotional Email.

2 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Well the email specifically said (Caps in the email to make it even clearer):

" PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE INSTALLED THE LATEST VERSION OF SB PRO PE AND THAT YOUR CODEMETER STICK IS PLUGGED INTO A USB PORT. "

I'm unsure what damage, if any, you have done by clicking on the link prior.

Does 4.023 still launch?

Not an issue!

I upgraded my new licence immediately on getting the email.  4.023 still works perfectly; just now my stick has 2.6, 3.0, 4.0 and 4.1 licences installed.

My code meter software always shows 2 devices, one is the stick, the other is an empty virtual device.  That’s normal in my experience.

4 minutes ago, ben said:

Not an issue!

I upgraded my new licence immediately on getting the email.  4.023 still works perfectly; just now my stick has 2.6, 3.0, 4.0 and 4.1 licences installed.

My code meter software always shows 2 devices, one is the stick, the other is an empty virtual device.  That’s normal in my experience.

Great, but I wasn't asking you. :)

Hi Rota

If I buy the USD25 upgrade but choose not to download any of the online maps due to low broadband speeds in my neck of the woods, but instead.just use 4.1's installation default maps, that should be okay to run the simulation right? It would just mean that I would be missing out on the high definition terrain and not be able to join the multi-player sessions where everyone else is using the downloaded maps, right?

Cheers

Frankie

There is an issue when selecting Australia on the page for the order. It results in the error below. 

Now if I change the country to something else (I picked Finland randomly) it works correctly.

Getting an error when being directed to the paypal site 

This site can’t be reached

payflowlink.paypal.com’s server IP address could not be found.

18 minutes ago, inexus said:

There is an issue when selecting Australia on the page for the order. It results in the error below.

I don't think so I'm in Australia and it worked fine.

I know of several others here, for whom it worked fine too.

18 minutes ago, inexus said:

Getting an error when being directed to the paypal site 

This site can’t be reached

payflowlink.paypal.com’s server IP address could not be found.

Maybe along similar lines to this?:

FYI, I was using Firefox ver 67 on a Win 10 machine.

Edited by Gibsonm

• Members
9 hours ago, Ingolf said:

1. I own SBProPE 4.023 (full/unlimited) with my current license on a Codemeter-stick

2. I want everything new in 4.1 (think I'm referring mostly to the maps-update here and know it's a lot of data to download)

3. Do I have to order maps upgrade on a DVD or can I download them as they become available online?

I see a pricetag at $25.00 that would fit me, but do I get the maps upgrade (new terrain features) with that?

Looks like I have to catch up on a few posts, some may already have been answered; nevertheless, here's the official answer:

The preorder bundles serve the purpose to give us a clue how many physical items we have to produce - printed manuals, installation USB drives. Therefore we offer an incentive to order early on - the mysterious surprise item, and a price discount. Now, the manual will of course be part of the installation, as a PDF file. You could have it printed yourself at the local copy shop, but the print will be more costly and come without our nice cover than price of a copy ordered from eSim Games, but if you read the manual on a tablet or if you don't mind alt-tabbing between Steel Beasts and the Acrobat Reader, it's definitely a strictly optional item. Likewise, the installation USB drive will contain both the map installer and the Steel Beasts installer. But both will be downloadable. The thumb drive is therefore again a strictly optional thing, with the greatest utility value to those who have a crappy internet connection where downloading 19 GByte either requires visiting an internet cafe, or a full weekend and then some to squeeze the data through a narrow bandwidth connection.

So, $25.- is all that's needed, in principle. But if you want a printed manual, the $53.- bundle is probably the better option.

• Members
8 hours ago, daskal said:

I'm getting "   Error: Invalid Required domain! " after entering credit card info and hitting "continue".

Did anyone run into the same issue?

Yes, others ran into the same issue. It comes and goes. The message originates from the server that performs the credit card transaction verification. We have no control over it. The best advice seems to be to try again. Some people believe that changing the browser helps. Maybe it's the untainted browser cache that does the trick. Or it's IT Voodoo.

• Members
8 hours ago, Rosmarus said:

Chances are, everything is fine. The ESIMGAMES container is a virtual CodeMeter device that can hold only time-based licenses. If you haven't purchased a time-based license, it should be empty. Likewise, the 4.1 Upgrade Licenses can only be installed on a CodeMeter USB stick. If you successfully activated your license ticket, the license went automagically on the right device (the USB stick). But since you don't have version 4.1 installed yet having the license at this point is inconsequential; however, on release day you'll be among the first who can directly start playing after finishing the downloading and installation procedure. :)

And as Rotar, I believe, mentioned, you can check on your license status by starting the CodeMeter WebAdmin; either through the tray icon, or through the button from the CodeMeter Control Center.

• Members
6 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

I don't think that you can do any harm by activating the license(s) already. It simply adds a license to your CM stick. If your CM stick was missing an old license as the precondition for the upgrade, you'd get an error message when attempting to activate the ticket. In any case, our license tickets can't remove existing licenses.