Steel Beasts Pro PE Version 4.1 Pre Orders now being accepted

Gibsonm

• Members
1 hour ago, Rangoon said:

I purchased the upgrade license only. Is there a way to upgrade from 4.0 to 4.1 without having 4.023 installed?

Absolutely, it's an independent installation. We actually recommend uninstalling version 4.0 first.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Rotareneg said:

To put the upgrade license on your CodeMeter stick you just need the CodeMeter User Runtime installed: https://www.wibu.com/us/support/user/downloads-user-software.html

1 hour ago, Ssnake said:

Absolutely, it's an independent installation. We actually recommend uninstalling version 4.0 first.

Okay, perfect. Looks like the wording may have changed on the preorder page, too, for the better. It jives. Unless I just dreamt the part about having 4.0 installed etc.. Thanks!

no you didn’t dream that! :)

The link you click in the email to go to your license update drops you to a page where, in CAPS, it tells you to make sure you have the latest version of SB installed as well as the CodeMeter Runtime. :)

Aparently only the latter is neccessary.

I preordered as well! Got the confirmation quickly after and have upgraded the license on my dongle. Now the waiting begins for real! 

Edited by Yskonyn

• Members
12 minutes ago, Yskonyn said:

Aparently only the latter is neccessary.

Yes, but then you'd also have to explain where to find it and possibly why it's even necessary, and then people haven't installed Steel Beasts and wonder why they can't start it. On the other hand, installing Steel Beasts also installs the CodeMeter runtime, so under most conditions - except in a preorder phase situation - it's perfectly valid (and brief) advice.