Steel Beasts Pro PE Version 4.1 Pre Orders now being accepted

Gibsonm

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I found the one or other minor issue with the web shop, so there may still be some changes. Nevertheless, we're ready to take your preorders. Preorders are very useful for us simply because it gives us a better idea of the number of units to produce, especially the 32 GByte stick and the new user's manual. If everything goes as planned the stick will contain both the map installer and the Steel Beasts installer.

I probably don't need it but I jumped for the $53.00 one...Hey I only live once and I am just a couple of months away from the big 73..That was fast..I have the email about the license but I have no idea how to make it work...Should I wait until the $53.00 parts arrive or what??

Edited by delta6

1 hour ago, delta6 said:

I probably don't need it but I jumped for the $53.00 one...Hey I only live once and I am just a couple of months away from the big 73..That was fast..I have the email about the license but I have no idea how to make it work...Should I wait until the $53.00 parts arrive or what??

You need to wait until version 4.1 is released.

This is a Pre-Order. :)

The email is pretty clear.

Thank you for your order!

PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE INSTALLED THE LATEST VERSION OF SB PRO PE AND THAT YOUR CODEMETER STICK IS PLUGGED INTO A USB PORT. Then follow the url below to add the license(s).

The part in capitals is in capitals in the email.

"THE LATEST VERSION" = Version 4.1

Once 4.1 is released (not yet), they can create the USB sticks (because it will come with a 4.1 installer on it):

1 hour ago, Ssnake said:

... If everything goes as planned the stick will contain both the map installer and the Steel Beasts installer.

Basically the downloadable version is likely to beat the posted version, again from the email:

For orders that require shipping: Packages almost always ship within one business day, and shipping is done via US Postal Service (with limited tracking). Shipping times are typically 2-4 days within the US, and 4-12 days outside the US, although in rare cases it can take two or more weeks if the package gets stuck in customs.

but when the USB Key arrives you'll have a copy of the maps and the installer in a convenient device.

Edited by Gibsonm

• Members

It is conceivable that for a number of users the installation USB stick will arrive more or less at the same time as the download will be made available. There is a minimal risk that the beta testers will find something severe while the sticks are already in production, in which case we'd put a different Steel Beasts installer on the web for download. But even then you wouldn't have to download the 16GByte map data, just the 3 GByte Steel Beasts installer.

Note that the license tickets already contain a 4.1 license, so you can activate them right away.

Whoops, did I just screw this up?

I went with " Upgrade License from version 4.0 " since I already have a codemeter....But then I went back and saw the pre-order bundles...Should I have picked something else to order the upgrade instead of that since I already have 4.023 or whatever is current?

1 hour ago, Maj.Hans said:

I went with " Upgrade License from version 4.0 " since I already have a codemeter....But then I went back and saw the pre-order bundles...Should I have picked something else to order the upgrade instead of that since I already have 4.023 or whatever is current?

That is correct I think. Have no worries. 

Sweet !

As a minor question: as the public mail company in my country seem to be struck with retardation - I hope that the invoice will be sent apart from the codemeter stick so I dont have to pay the same amount again in import taxes, opening and control fee?

• Members
2 hours ago, Maj.Hans said:

None of them are ESSENTIAL but they may contain useful items. The user manual will receive a new print (now 221 pages plus cover); the last printed manual was for version 3.0 (178 pages; then 195 pages for 4.0). Personally I like usin a software on the screen and then having a printed user manual next to the keyboard/in my hands rather than having to alt-Tab between Steel Beasts and the Acrobat Reader.

Likewise, the "Map Stick" will actually contain not only the installer for the map data but also the Steel Beasts 4.1 installer. You can of course download those ca. 19 GByte, and we'll make sure to have an extra-capable server for that. But some people still have a bad internet connection, and some people like to collect things. So, the map stick may have an appeal to them.

If you want to change your order, please contact me. Most likely the best solution is to simply make a second order, and then ask me to refund the first. If you have already activated the license ticket of the first order, I'll then have to cancel the second ticket, and we can proceed with the refund.

I think these are sent from Germoney, so not sure you would need to pay imports Nike.

I need to install everything from scratch on my new PC. I have my code-meter stick with my v4 licenses, but would need to install the code-meter software (forgot what it´s called).  Question is, which version of the software is needed now with this v4.1 upgrade?  Hope I made sense...

• Members
56 minutes ago, Nike-Ajax said:

As a minor question: as the public mail company in my country seem to be struck with retardation - I hope that the invoice will be sent apart from the codemeter stick...?

To be honest, I don't think I fully understand your question.

If you need a pro-forma invoice to present to customs, please send an email stating such to Shipping (at eSimGames.com).

• Members
2 minutes ago, Red2112 said:

I think these are sent from Germoney, so not sure you would need to pay imports Nike.

No, our shipping center is in Texas (which is why we, before you even get to place your order, need to ask whether you're from a US state, so sales tax can be applied to all prices).