New WW1 tank sim!

Jaguar

I refunded Bomber Crew and I'm not touching this one until the developer can learn what a "crew" is.

It's NOT a group of mindless individuals that can't do simple things like engage the enemy or put out a fire that is 2 feet from them without being told to.

I once watched a crew member die in Bomber Crew because he bled to death, because the adjacent crewman didn't apply first aid without me clicking 8 times to do it. That's not what a crew is, and these games rely on too much micromanaging to do simple things that a real crew does automatically.

Not fun.

• Members

But if you take away the micromanagement, you're left with a thin-walled super-slow paced steel behemoth that can't even turn (let alone drive backwards) without a crew member manually shifting gears in an open gearbox.

9 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

But if you take away the micromanagement, you're left with a thin-walled super-slow paced steel behemoth that can't even turn (let alone drive backwards) without a crew member manually shifting gears in an open gearbox.

There's the real challenge to the developer then...

What does the crew commander need to really focus on? 

8 hours ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

There's the real challenge to the developer then...

What does the crew commander need to really focus on? 

Erm.. 

Not getting Spall in the face, not getting burned by your own tank, not getting poisoned from the exhaust. Not going deaf. Not having your joints dislocated by the lack of suspension. 

That's the making of an awesome game!

1 hour ago, hoggydog said:

Erm.. 

Not getting Spall in the face, not getting burned by your own tank, not getting poisoned from the exhaust. Not going deaf. Not having your joints dislocated by the lack of suspension. 

That's the making of an awesome game!

Was talking more about duties and responsibilities of the crew commander, not so much generalities.