delta6

permission

When I put markings on the unit using paint and try to save it as my unit skin and I am denied because I don't have "PERMISSION" what do you call it???

How do I put things on the units skin?? And what is AFAIK??

AFAIK = As Far As I Know.

Perhaps you don't have access rights to save the file into the given folder on your computer.

Without a bunch more details (file name, location you are trying to save it to, ...), no one here can help you.

c:/program files/esim/Textures/woodland/us 1970..I am trying to put stars on all of the American armored units 1970 series....Main folder where all of the skins are..

You probably need to copy them elsewhere, make your desired changes, then save them to the mods folder in the esim files under documents.

49 minutes ago, delta6 said:

c:/program files/esim/Textures/woodland/us 1970..I am trying to put stars on all of the American armored units 1970 series....Main folder where all of the skins are..

Yes that location is protected so you don't damage the main files.

Putting them somewhere like:

C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures\woodland\us 1970 where "XXXX" = your account

Will  mean that if you select a "US 1970" camo pattern and a woodland theme, they will appear.

There's also "US" and "US 2000" within "Woodland"

There are also "Autumn", "Winter" and "Desert" choices (each with "US", "US 1970" and "US 2000" sub choices).

Chapter 2 in the user's manual has a section about the file structure. Probably the most sleep-inducing section in the whole manual, but nevertheless highly useful, as this case demonstrates. :)