4.1 Upgrade with American Express?

Viper1970

Hello,

just wanted to preorder the upgrade from version 4.0 to 4.1, but there is no option to use an American Express Card?

I bought the full 4.0 licence some years ago, also with American Express, cause it's the same card of my girl friend, who was doing this purchase those days back, too.

Something changed here? She never owns another card, so there isn't a chance we mixed things up. Sadly I do not own a credit card (see also posts about payment options before, we discussed about that) so there isn't another way if American Express isn't supported.

Edited by Viper1970

• Members

Yes. As it turns out, support for American Express cards was retracted by the verification service company years ago (maybe as early as 2013 with version 3.0, or maybe shortly thereafter). That it wasn't really noticed until now might be a hint why they pulled the plug. In any case, it wasn't a conscious decision on our part, but it doesn't seem to be a web shop malfunction either.

18 minutes ago, Viper1970 said:

Ok, then I'm finished with SB. No Steam, no PayPal, only selected creditcards, no other way to buy. Sorry, but this is really joke!

There is another way to buy and its been offered to you at least twice (by myself and others).

If you don't want to take it up - that's your decision, don't blame eSim.

Don't blame eSim for this, don't blame eSim for that, come on now. It's a company that want's to sell a product, but there is only one single option to buy it and this option is also restricted. It's not the the job of the customer to find a way that makes him possible to buy the product the company is selling. Normally it's the other way arround.

There is another way to buy and its been offered to you at least twice (by myself and others).

What another way? To do an international bank transfer to someone of the community? Sorry but's not an option for me. What's then with the next upgrade you have to pay for again? Maybe 4.185 or so? This whole crazy business again!?

I'm really willing to spent money for my hobby and yes, SB is the only modern tank sim at the moment, but I really never came along such a ridiculous way to simply pay for a product. Even a very small software company, I bought a boot manager from the last days, offers fourtimes as much payment options as eSim does.

If esim only want's to sell SBPE to sellected people which do anything to achieve their condition of payment , or it's not needed to sell it, cause it's just a hobby and there is no real need to sell it to the private user (I also have heard this argument here) then it's ok. It eSim's decision.

I have tons of other simulations I'm really not able to play all of them the rest of my lifetime, so no real need for me to absolutely must have SBPE.

If there will be another way to pay for it in future, I maybe will come back. If not SB is history for me. It could also be possible that another modern tank sim will see the light of day sometime and for this case eSim should really consider to be a bit more customer-friendly. I'm not the only one which isn't very exited with the practise of eSim at the moment. You just have to read in other forums.

• Members

If traditional distribution parners were paying their bills, we'd still be selling SB Pro through them. If other web shops in Europe that we contacted about selling our product get back to us, we will sell SB Pro through them. It's not like we're stubbornly refuse to sell Steel Beasts through other channels than our own web shop.

But I have a gazillion people tugging at my shirt about whether there'll be additional videos, when can we expect 4.1, when are the release notes ready, will it be this month, I get error messages from the web shop, are we there yet, ... and one person who insists on using his girlfriend's Amex card. I do my best. If that's not good enough for you, I'm sorry.