Scoring question

RedWardancer

So, I'm ALMOST ready to launch my months long scenario project.  For the attacking side, I figured out how to set up the scoring region.  YAY!  

Now the hard part.  I set up a region called Assembly Area (I will change this to something else).  I want to award points for each surviving unit that reaches this staging area.  When I clicked on ALL UNITS, the field went gray.  I'm using an entire motor rifle regiment so there's a lot of units.  The total points for the attacking Blue will be either 1000 or 1500 points, haven't decided yet.  So, how do I make the strength points work?  Is there a "one step works for all"?  Or am I going to have to do this the long, drawn out way?

• Members
  1. No, there's no simple "one step works for all" solution.
  2. I suggest rethinking your score criteria more along the lines of what's practical to do
    • You can have "hold until" kind of conditions for regions if you're simulating some fighting withdrawal
    • You can count survivors in general
    • You can apply scores to events (such as the bulk of various companies reaching a certain region)

That may not be exactly what you have in mind but might still be "close enough" to reflect your intent to reward not just keeping losses low, but also to have the player move his forces into a certain region.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, RedWardancer said:

So, I'm ALMOST ready to launch my months long scenario project.  For the attacking side, I figured out how to set up the scoring region.  YAY!  

Now the hard part.  I set up a region called Assembly Area (I will change this to something else).  I want to award points for each surviving unit that reaches this staging area.  When I clicked on ALL UNITS, the field went gray.  I'm using an entire motor rifle regiment so there's a lot of units.  The total points for the attacking Blue will be either 1000 or 1500 points, haven't decided yet.  So, how do I make the strength points work?  Is there a "one step works for all"?  Or am I going to have to do this the long, drawn out way?

Strength points would be for, in general, the force surviving or getting destroyed, but you wouldn't be able to couple that with a region.

I have done what you want to do in a scenario before -- depending on how you want to do it, you would use conditions and events. Then at the end, you can have several conditions like this (and I am just guessing here that you want the score based on how many RED units reach a region behind BLUE lines):

Condition 1:

Operational friendly AFVs in REGION is > 9

Condition 2:

Operational friendly AFVs in REGION is > 14

Condition 3:

Operational friendly AFVs in REGION is > 19

(also, this could be an event that causes the mission to end immediately too, with a message)

...etc.

Then in the scoring, have event based score condition that gives a certain amount of points depending on them being true. Something like this:

Condition 1: 200 pts

Condition 2: 350 pts

Condition 3: 450 pts

So, if RED gets 20+ AFVs into REGION then RED gets a cumulative 1000 pts.

This is just basic idea, I did that in a scenario where RED was tasked with getting a breakthrough. The strength of the breakthrough gave more points, and also I had event messages informing both sides as to the strength of the breakthrough. In that scenario the RED force was about two companies, and I believe I had about 10 conditions but that is a bit extreme.

There are many ways to do what you want in SB's scoring. I haven't really found a situation yet that couldn't be modeled (except dealing with trying to penalize a specific side for killing units on a neutral civilian side, because kills are not tracked by side that inflicted them).

Hopefully that helps...