OK to update license before 4.1 release?

Zantar

1 hour ago, Zantar said:

In my email with the update link it says I should have the latest version of SB installed.  If I attempt to update my license before 4.1 is released will it screw something up?

No, it's fine to update your license now.

Yes, I had the same concerns.

I gather the email text was designed for situations other than the current pre-order phase.

I've succesfully installed 1 primary and 7 secondary licenses with no ill effect (4.023 still runs, as does the 4.023 "server" version [used by VUs with the 8 user cap removed]).

Edited by Gibsonm

Gibsonm..I am not to good at computers could you break things down on how to install the license?? I tried and it wants someplace (file) to put it and I have no idea what to do next...Or would it be best to just wait for the new codemeter stick ??

3 hours ago, delta6 said:

Gibsonm..I am not to good at computers could you break things down on how to install the license?? I tried and it wants someplace (file) to put it and I have no idea what to do next...Or would it be best to just wait for the new codemeter stick ??

I'm a little confused.

This thread is for people with an existing USB stick and and existing 4.0 license.

If you bought a time based license (I've never owned one) then given it doesn't require a stick I'm not sure where you install it it.

However your comment:

Or would it be best to just wait for the new codemeter stick ??

Suggests you are starting from scratch?

If you have just bought a brand new copy then as I understand it (this option came out after I started using SB Pro) you'll receive two items:

1. A time based license to keep you going while you wait for the postman to deliver the stick and 

2. A USB stick coming in the post.

The time based license just uses whatever software you have and is limited by time (how long you bought it for) as opposed to version numbers.

Theoretically (exaggerated for discussion) a 12 month license could cover ver 2, 3 and 4 if versions 2, 3 and 4 were released in the 12 month period.

If you already own a stick (with say 4.023 on it) you wont get a "new stick".

In that case you:

a. Ensure the stick is in a USB port on the machine.

b. You click on the link in the email you received.

c. A web page should open.

d. You "tick" the boxes on the web page and hit "install" (or words to that effect) 

e. Wait as things happen.

f. You should receive a message saying the new license(s) have been installed.

I'm not sure I'm helping but without a bit of detail I'm forced to be general in my answer.

Edited by Gibsonm

ABCD done but I am confused with E...What file should I put it in?? I have and error code =x18088007..I tried offline license request  but it want me to choose a file to place it in..

Edited by delta6

• Members

You may be trying to use the offline activation. If you don't know what you're doing, stop doing that.

We will sort it out, but for that I need to first get an overview of the situation, and as much as I appreciate the attempt of others in this case to help, further participation in the discussion will probably increase confusion (cease, and desist, please).

Please contact me (or Sales, as listed in your license ticket) by email, and tell me your ticket number. The purchase order ID will also work, but is less comfortable for me to search.

21 hours ago, Ssnake said:

You may be trying to use the offline activation. If you don't know what you're doing, stop doing that.

We will sort it out, but for that I need to first get an overview of the situation, and as much as I appreciate the attempt of others in this case to help, further participation in the discussion will probably increase confusion (cease, and desist, please).

Please contact me (or Sales, as listed in your license ticket) by email, and tell me your ticket number. The purchase order ID will also work, but is less comfortable for me to search.

I emailed my order confirmation that I received from  sbpro….Order # akof6f44c18f

Edited by delta6

• Members

I emailed my order confirmation that I received from  sbpro….Order # akof6f44c18f

You ... emailed your order confirmation? To whom? Why?

What matters is that you received the email with the license ticket that you just purchased.

Click the link in it.

This would transport you to the "WebDepot" page where you can then activate your license ticket. This activation process will generate the license ticket on your CodeMeter USB stick.

For that to work,

1. You must have the latest CodeMeter runtime software installed, which you can find here
  2. You must have your CodeMeter stick plugged in (which you would hopefully find in your drawer)
  3. You must not use the "old Edge" web browser (with the latest Windows 10 upgrades it's now Chrome based). Pretty much any web browser works with our license tickets, just not the old Edge browser, and Lynx (but with Lynx it's a design decision to support nothing but HTML 1.0 features)

If you meet the prerequisites, the rest should be pretty easy: Simply click on that big orange button "Activate my License(s) now"

If you don't see that button, or if you get an error message, please contact me by email. As a word of caution, our mail server seems to have a problem with external mails. I hope they're all in a queue, but of course the problem started with July 4th right before a long weekend, when else.

26 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

You ... emailed your order confirmation? To whom? Why?

Well to be fair you did ask him to:

On 7/5/2019 at 4:01 PM, Ssnake said:

:)

Edited by Gibsonm

Well I have chrome and when I follow the steps it still wants a license request file and I have no idea what that is...Do you think we should abort the mission and retry at a later date??And there is no red button just a long red bar that will not do anything...

16 minutes ago, delta6 said:

I have and idea..How about I just buy the $150.00 package?? Everything will be simple plug and play...

I think it will be easier to drop the current license and I purchase the big package..So if you will please refund the $53.00 as soon as possible ...I am starting the new purchase now...Okay its done I have just ordered the full package...Maybe now it will work right..

Edited by delta6