Sign in to follow this  
Scrapper_511

Line-object menu, map editor

In the objects menu of the map editor, the buttons for line objects have selectors at each corner of their buttons. What are they for? I've asked a similar question before (I searched to no avail) but I think it just covered two functions, not four. Thanks in advance...

There are different editing modes; you may want to experiment with a blank map and a handful of sample roads. Starting at the top left, clockwise:

1. box hides all (line) objects/roads. This can be useful if you want to deal with buildings or other vector objects, and prevent the road network from accidental click & drag movement
  2. box locks (line) objects against the "Select" tool. This lets you use the lasso or other multi-select functions without having to worry that you might accidentally edit/delete/alter the "perfect" line object(s) in the vicinity.
  3. box protects the object category against the lasso function. You may still click an object and edit it, but if you want to grab all buildings but none of the walls (or roads) between them, the lower right masking button is made for you
  4. box (lower left) lets you edit vertices of the selected object, but you can't accidentally shift its position as a whole.

Handy features, thank you. I couldn’t find this info in the latest manual nor in SB Wiki. There are other editor functions/shortcuts I need to look up again also and that’s a matter of scouring whichever readme (and prior inquiries here). Hopefully all this information will be consolidated in the new printed manual. 🤞