Turret traverse with mouse "laggy" as Gunner

daft

Laggy isn't really the right word to describe it, so I made a quick video to hopefully show what I mean. The feeling I get is that I struggle to control the turret traverse with my mouse. Suddenly the smallest input generates large movements of the turret, at other times it barely moves it until it suddenly jumps away and traverses extremely fast. This does not happen all the time. It is infrequent, and I'm not sure how to reproduce it. It is as if I'm fighting someone for control of the turret, so maybe I actually am but just don't understand? I'm quite new to this excellent game.

https://youtu.be/NT9fyOv8NWA

Edited by daft

You're fighting the automatic lead, which is activated when you lase (or the tank commander hits his battle sight button,) you need to press the middle mouse button (or p key) to cancel the automatic lead.

What's basically happening is that by whipping the controls left and right you're telling the fire control system "Aim far enough ahead of this target that's going 300 mph to the left so that the round will hit it! No, wait... now it's going 300 mph to the right! No, left again!"

Edited by Rotareneg