KANIUM SUNDAY 21st of July 1800 GMT - CG26 Akkadia by ChrisReb

201453_10201557085188202_421221318_o-102strf9040A-1web.jpg

KANIUM SUNDAY 21st of July 1800 GMT - CG26 Akkadia by ChrisReb

Where: Kanium TS : teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077 Hopefully we might have to use SB.com TS
World Clock 1800 GMT (Same time as always - now adjusted for European Summer Time: click the time below for your local time) 

World clock 1800 GMT

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This SB session may be recorded with video and sound and uploaded, including to a public youtube channel. 

Everybody is Welcome: you don't have to belong to Kanium. We love playing with you all, the arranger and CO loves you even more if you sign up in advance 

eEb9sRy.jpg

Excerpts of the battalion commander's orders for...CG026 Akkadia   0500  4th March 2009

1) SITUATION:
    a) Enemy:
    Akkadia's larger neighbour has taken advantage of its sponsored unrest in Akkadia to invade from the the North and West.  Having drawn off much of Akkadia's defence force to the North it has outflanked them and advanced toward the capital. 

To complicate matters members of the Presidents family were ambushed in Bayliss and are understood to be hiding in the church. They were travelling in 2 cars. Enemy Commander and his security detachment are searching the area at this time.

Enemy consists of a screen of Technicals, with infantry and suspected missile teams (AT3 Sagger only) in the Objectives and salient points (bridges etc). Total estimated 1 x Coy reinforced plus irregulars

It is anticipated that no more than max 1 PLT of Inf is in each Obj with potentially 1 AT Team and given the area to be covered is likely to be less. Civilians in Allentown report enemy seems to be concentrated on area covering bridges over the Sakka and seem to be no more than 3 or 4 squads/teams

A platoon of T72B1 is already committed East of the Sakka River. A further company plus of Tanks supported by BTRs is scattered further West  of the AO and may be committed.

Enemy will have indirect fire support (HE)

b) Own:
    Task Force Blade consisting of 2 x PLT Leo 2A5A1 and 

1 x PLT CV90 40B (Inf, LMG, Spike AT in even No. callsigns) with minimal CSS (Supply and Ambulance) support is available to you. 
    Should you secure Baylis a further 1 x PLT of CV90 will be released to you should you want them and hopefully an ARV
    Command will try to land further Tanks but do not rely on this!

c) Attachments and detachments: 1 Battery Fire support (HE and Smoke only) and 5 airstrikes available

ALSO an offshore bombardment has been planned at +2.00mins to shield your initial move to the ringroad jump off

d)A (Green controlled) UH-60 is available to evacuate the Presidents family should you be able to evacuate them by air rather than defend them in place. An LZ in Byliss has been marked on map.
    This will trigger without need for action by Blue

2) MISSION:
Clear enemy forces from OBJ Allentown, Koesze and Bayliss

(Bayliss MUST be held for 15 minutes to allow Presidents family to emerge from hiding and be evacuated or protected by your forces)

YOU WILL RECEIVE MESSAGES TO CONFIRM ACHIEVEMENT OF EACH OBJECTIVE

SECONDARY MISSION:
Fugitives in church should come out of hiding once you secure bayliss. They must remain alive for maximum mission success irrespective of wether they are evacuated.
Death of Enemy Commander will be a bonus, The fugitives have communicated his approximate position by mobile phone

VICTORY:

1 of above achieved - DRAW
2 of above achieved - MINOR VICTORY
3 of above achieved - MEDIUM VICTORY
3 of above achieved and Presidents Family Survive - MAJOR VICTORY AND PROMOTION!

3) EXECUTION: 

Intent: Give a statement that defines the purpose of the operation

a) Concept of Operation: 
    You have 150 mins to secure all 3 objectives

i) Maneuver: 
        You may secure the Obj in any order
        ii) Fires: 
        Support as above - whilst regrettable Indirect fire is permitted outside of Akkadia - locals have been warned to evacuate or take cover as best as we can, without alerting the enemy

NB:There are at least 5 bridges suitable for tanks across the Sakka

d) COORDINATING INSTRUCTIONS: 
    Friendly Akkadian troops are holding the Ring Road around the City  - GREEN ON MAP - but are not under
    your control

5) COMMAND AND SIGNALS:
CO TF Blade controls commitment of available reinforcements (Trigger 1) These will appear in South of City near the Port

6)  WEATHER

LIGHT RAIN FORECAST ALL DAY - VIS 2500 m

Edited by Major duck

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manninglist

Command (Leo 2A5DK)

A66: Assassin 7 (Kanium,US)

1 Tank PLT(Leo 2A5DK)

A11: Chrisreb (Kanium,UK)

A12: Hoggydog (UKArmour,UK)

A13: Furia (3Reg Tizoma,ESP)

A14: Marque ( ,ESP)

2 Tank PLT(Leo 2A5DK)

A21: Major Duck (Kanium,DK)

A22: Tankenator (?,US)

A23: Connaugh (Kanium,US)

A24: Roerbaek (Kanium,DK)

1 Mech PLT(CV9040B)

B11: Kingtiger (Kanium,SE)

B12: DBoy/Dlad (Kanium,UK)

B13: sNs/Short & Sweet (Kanium,UK)

B14: Wiglif (Kanium,US)

CSS PLT

H11: Gibsonm (Anzac,AUS)

Anywhere:

Cant Make it:

Nike Ajax (Kanium,DK) (Vacation)

Apocalypse 31 (Kanium,US)

Mirzayev (Kanium,US)

Colebrok (Kanium,ESP)

Grenny/Ronin (Kanium,DE) 

Just (Kanium,DK)

Edited by Major duck

9 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Hi Major Duck,

Tried to send you a PM but its disabled, hence posting here:

The post refers to 1800 GMT, but the clock link is for 2000 GMT.

Thanks Mark

I am out of practise

MD

Edited by Major duck

I think I can make it to this misión, but as it´s going to be my first online misión and I have not much experience yet, I think that A14 is a good option (or any other leopard that suits better for my profile and cdr intent).

4 hours ago, marques said:

I think I can make it to this misión, but as it´s going to be my first online misión and I have not much experience yet, I think that A14 is a good option (or any other leopard that suits better for my profile and cdr intent).

As pr our standard setup you will be the PSG or Platoon sergeant in A14 that means helping the PL with reporting and sometimes commanding your own section and making sure everyone is ready with ammo, when to change pos because you have been in a place for too long maybe moving the ambulance/recovery vehicle. Making sure everyone is in the right pos in a formation etc...

MD

Edited by Major duck

1 hour ago, Major duck said:

As pr our standard setup you will be the PSG or Platoon sergeant in A14 that means helping the PL with reporting and sometimes commanding your own section and making sure everyone is ready with ammo, when to change pos because you have been in a place for too long maybe moving the ambulance/recovery vehicle. Making sure everyone is in the right pos in a formation etc...

MD

rgr that! I guess that for assassin it´s better me than none, jeje.