The 4.155 Beta live stream

Gibsonm

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Ssnake said:

He didn't apply patch 6, might explain the low frame rate.

(sigh)

Unfortunate. He generates a ton of viewers, and this is not representative of the final product.

Maybe he can pull the video? There's not much out there on 4.1 and this will probably dominate YouTube content before release.

Edited by Apocalypse 31
Words

5 minutes ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

Unfortunate. He generates a ton of viewers, and this is not representative of the final product.

Maybe he can pull the video? There's not much out there on 4.1 and this will probably dominate YouTube thought before release.

I did-ant think the video was that bad.

Admittedly his tactics for the assault on the town were poor.

But he did state it was just a bit of fun.

There seemed to be a lot of interest in the chat bar from newbies as well. always a good thing.

Wish he had managed to install the patch but i thought it ran ok

It looked sharp for most of the video 

40 minutes ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

We will agree to disagree on this.

Edit. 

In less than an hour he has 1300 people viewing a video of SB 4.1 running at 20 FPS.

Good marketing? I think not.

Yes I would have thought something to "optimise the experience" (without being dishonest of course) would be ideal.

Just now, Apocalypse 31 said:

The unfortunate part is that all of Grenny's videos combined still do not equal the same amount of views that @matsimus generated in a single hour of streaming. 

Well, he is a very good youtuber...just not an as good steelbeasts user. 😉

Well I guess its a question of allocation of resources?

I know everyone is busy, but perhaps some time actually configuring his setup (maybe using Teamviewer, etc. to ensure that he had things installed / configured the best way possible) and providing an "exemplar" scenario would have paid more dividends than relying on an email.

But 20/20 hindsight is a wonderful thing.

1 minute ago, Ssnake said:

If he had announced to me doing a live session and asked for assistance I would have rendered it.

All I got was a question "Can I publish videos anytime?" and certainly I didn't put up restrictions.

I have little faith in professional YouTubers, but perhaps he would open to taking it down?

In the last 20 minutes he's gotten almost 500 more views on the video. 

2 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

If he had announced to me doing a live session and asked for assistance I would have rendered it.

All I got was a question "Can I publish videos anytime?" and certainly I didn't put up restrictions.

Probably lessons learnt on both sides - I don't really want to fan a possible fire here.

Edited by Gibsonm

6 minutes ago, Marko said:

But i would wager the Esim home page has had an increase in traffic.

Personally I doubt it - due to the typical audience member.

I posted the link numerous times but no one seemed to be reading.

It reminded me of that scene in "Hunt for Red October" where the USN CAPT spoke about the Russians pinging away with active sonar while doing 30+ knots and that they could drive over his daughter's stereo at full volume and not notice.

Edited by Gibsonm