The 4.155 Beta live stream

Gibsonm

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have watched and subscribed to matsimus on youtube for sometime.

The guy does not pretend to be a expert in military hardware he is just an enthusiastic enthusiast  like my self.

Matsimus i would ask you to reconsider no longer streaming or making videos showing SB content.

As i said in my first post i did not think your video was that bad considering it was made on the fly so to speak.

If i could be so bold as to suggest. why don,t you spend the time to edit your leo mission. 

And invite/join one of the many excellent SB VU. and stream the mission live. 

Edited by Marko

Don't really know @Matsimus and only caught a fraction of his content before it was taken down but....

a slow hand clap for the SB community here, This guy has tried to expose the sim to a larger audience and his reward? mainly a list of things he has done wrong and now it is highly unlikely he will do anything like this for SB again.

well done children.

7 minutes ago, hoggydog said:

Don't really know @Matsimus and only caught a fraction of his content before it was taken down but....

a slow hand clap for the SB community here, This guy has tried to expose the sim to a larger audience and his reward? mainly a list of things he has done wrong and now it is highly unlikely he will do anything like this for SB again.

well done children.

Yeah, as a new guy to the game and the community, the reactions, in my view, are more damaging than the stream. I am a bit taken aback tbh. 😂

7 hours ago, Mirzayev said:

At the risk of further complicating this thread (perhaps merge all the Matsimus stream comments into a separate thread?)

@matsimus 

I did not like your stream. Here are my reasons why.

1. You are lacking on the fundamentals of maneuvering and fighting your vehicle. I got it, you haven't played Steel Beasts since at least February of this year (date is based on your last published video using Steel Beasts). However, there is a reasonable expectation from the community that if you are going to showcase a game, you need to have some level of proficiency. This is also taking into account that in the past, you have advertised that you will give your viewers exclusive access to tactics, techniques, and procedures in Steel Beasts if they support you with a specific dollar amount on Patreon. I know this is no longer your policy. I won't comment on tactics; seizing urban terrain is a very complex process which will produce a high level of casualties. Even with a fully manned Company in multiplayer, even the best of the community can still muck it up.

2. The stream did not do a good job of promoting Steel Beasts in a positive light. The low FPS is of course an obvious, but blaring issue. Whether you intended to or not, thousands of viewers' "first look" at Steel Beasts version 4.1 will be seeing footage of what they may perceive as a non-optimized mess. 

3. It seemed rushed. Your (admitted) lack of preparation, combined with not testing the scenario for performance before streaming, nor seeking help for any issues from the community, culminated in something that was not enjoyable to watch. While you make the point that the stream was meant to promote the game itself, other members of the Steel Beasts community (to include the creator himself) and I have the impression, wrong though it may be, that you were rushing to try to be the "first" to stream 4.1 gameplay. 

I'm not a fan of non-constructive criticism. Therefor, I offer the following advice on how you could improve for your next video featuring Steel Beasts. 

1. Hit the tank range, hard! Whenever I feel myself getting sloppy during any multiplayer matches, I'll make it a point to refresh on the fundamentals of gunnery. I train until I cannot get less than a 100% accuracy rating with an average time-to-kill of 8 seconds or less. This takes time, so you may want to try for something like a 90% accuracy rating with an average time-to-kill of 10 seconds or less if you don't have more than an hour to train on the gunner range. That is definitely doable. Also, refresh your understanding of tactics. Play some Camp Hornfelt scenarios again, then graduate to Tank Platoon in Attack, and Tank Company in Attack by @Zipuli. After that, try some scenarios by @Panzer_Leader, like Combat Team Advance at Woodhill 1994, or Attack on Stadthagen by @Apocalypse 31. Hell, you could record yourself playing these, and highlight some of the Steel Beasts community's creations. 

2. I will never publish a video of me playing a single-player Steel Beasts scenario without having tested it at least one time. I know that my specific audience doesn't want to spend time watching me make easily preventable mistakes. Your audience may be different, I don't know. However, if I was testing a beta version of Steel Beasts, and having your love and respect for the community, I would absolutely want to make sure that I am presenting the latest update (that many are excited for) in as positive a light as I possibly could. Messaging is the key here. If your purpose is to bring Steel Beasts to a wider audience, show and tell them WHY they are justified in buying it, and present footage that MAKES them want to give it a try. 

3. I understand the live nature of streams versus the much more controlled published videos. Live doesn't always follow the script, and there is a light more inherent spontaneity. Don't be rushed to push out a video to be the "first;" don't rush to failure. Train to a suitable level of proficiency, select a scenario, preferably one that you have played or tested at least once, that showcases what you want to show to your viewers. You can always modify scenarios to include new vehicles from 4.1, and this gives the added bonus of hi-lighting a scenario designer from the community who spent hours, even days, ensuring that his creation was the best that it could possibly be. 

If you need any help with any of the above points, I'm sure that the community will be happy to help. I can help you with your tactics, if you wish. Just let me know.

*Ahem* Now, on to other matters.

@Wolfseven Unless you happen to have a direct psychic link with @Apocalypse 31, I would not be so hasty to dismiss everything that he has said as being "just jealous." Many of his points are shared by members of the Steel Beasts community, whether you agree with them or not. 

lol, some one should have a youtube channel; you got this much time on your hands to critic or should I say keyboard warrior time, do it better yourself...

4 hours ago, Ssnake said:

I should clarify that I see absolutely no malicious intent or ill will from Matsimus.

Also, I do not see him obligated to present our product in the most positive light.

He was given a beta version and "explicit" but apparently insufficiently detailed instructions how to apply a patch that required more than just the replacement of an executable. This is an error-prone procedure which, in a live situation, is impossible to rectify. I do not wish to further escalate the situation, and I apologize if I created the false impression that anything of this was intentional. The responsibility for bad preparation lies at least in part at my feet. I was eager to give you all an impression of what you're waiting for, rather than waiting for another week to hand out a release candidate version rather than a beta that required extensive patching.

Please be nice. Matsimus was just as eager as anyone else to try out the new toy. I wouldn't have chosen a live stream as the first thing to do, but maybe that's why eSim Games barely has 0.5% of the YouTube subscribers that his channel has. If you go live, there's always the risk that something goes wrong, and it was a first time experience for me as well to see Steel Beasts streamed live and being unable to influence the situation for the better. Like many others I tried to make helpful comments in the chat, only adding to the confusion, so I think the lesson to learn is to try relax a bit more in the final days prior to a new software release - on all sides.

apparently some of these guys don't see it as a game or toy.. lol. they are very serious keyboard warriors in here. lol, 

14 minutes ago, Assassin 7 said:

He does

then he should of known better to lash out. there's a difference in prepared 1 week time; to put out content with someone that sits at home all day doing youtube videos; opposed to someone that works 40 hour weeks. then come home and only has a hot minute to download and put together a live stream showing off the new stuff, I surely didn't need a very complicated attack and sequence of a heavy map usage maneuver youtube video. like some of these guys videos they put out for steel beast, I think they spend way to much time in the map.. and not showing off the terrain and vehicles.  takes to long in scenarios. that's why the low numbers for this sim. all these guys youtube videos are high number counts but very long tedious map fest videos. I stopped watching rotangs I think it is he spends way to much time in maps and not to much game play.

Mirzayev 395 subscribers last video 2 months ago; so I guess if he was serious youtuber it takes him at least 2 months to make a video. Where as me, it was a hobbie gone sour on guys like this.

Edited by Wolfseven

18 minutes ago, daft said:

Yeah, as a new guy to the game and the community, the reactions, in my view, are more damaging than the stream. I am a bit taken aback tbh. 😂

We SB players tend to be very passionate about this sim.

Many of us have been here from the start.

And yes sometimes we can be, Shall i say overly critical.

I have drawn attention to this before.

As much as many of us enjoy the realism and try to replicate as much as possible procedures and tactic used in the real world 

sometimes we need to realize its not everybody's cup of tea so to speak. 

Some guys just want to blow shit up.

Edited by Marko

8 minutes ago, Wolfseven said:

then he should of known better to lash out. there's a difference in prepared 1 week time; to put out content with someone that sits at home all day doing youtube videos; opposed to someone that works 40 hour weeks. then come home and only has a hot minute to download and put together a live stream showing off the new stuff, I surely didn't need a very complicated attack and sequence of a heavy map usage maneuver youtube video. like some of these guys videos they put out for steel beast, I think they spend way to much time in the map.. and not showing off the terrain and vehicles.  takes to long in scenarios. that's why the low numbers for this sim. all these guys youtube videos are high number counts but very long tedious map fest videos. I stopped watching rotangs I think it is he spends way to much time in maps and not to much game play.

Since when did providing reasons for not liking a YouTube video turn into "lashing out?" It doesn't take an entire week to make a quality video.

Check yourself, bro. 

11 minutes ago, Marko said:

We SB players tend to be very passionate about this sim.

Many of us have been here from the start.

And yes sometimes we can be, Shall i say overly critical.

I have drawn attention to this before.

As much as many of us enjoy the realism and try to replicate as much as possible procedures and tactic used in the real world 

sometimes we need to realize its not everybody's cup of tea so to speak. 

Some guys just want to blow shit up.

Yes this!!!!! +1

1 minute ago, Mirzayev said:

Since when did providing reasons for not liking a YouTube video turn into "lashing out?" It doesn't take an entire week to make a quality video.

Check yourself, bro. 

I only use the game to blow stuff up. and I know exactly how long it takes. I was a youtuber until someone like you came along and ruined my enjoyment of showing off what I like to play, my way and not yours.. 

1 hour ago, hoggydog said:

This guy has tried to expose the sim to a larger audience and his reward? mainly a list of things he has done wrong and now it is highly unlikely he will do anything like this for SB again.

well done children. 

Well spoken

51 minutes ago, daft said:

well spoken too

Imho: Matsimus is a great ambassador for Steelbeasts. I would really regret it, if stops streaming this great simulation.

3 hours ago, Mirzayev said:

@Ssnake and @Volcano, I recommend splitting parts of this thread to maintain the original focus. I think this is going well beyond productive, on all sides.

Agreed

@matsimus

1st point, apologies for the butthurt going around, it happens when an "Outsider" streams SB Pro PE.

All the critics appear.

To try and patch things together.

The critics here have valid points, presentation, tactics, gunnery are all fine art taking many hours of practice blah blah blah.

But, what they are forgetting, Everyone has different abilities/knowledge/whatever.

Quickest way to learn is Mulitiplayer (more on that later)

Right now Gunnery:

I usually have a warm up before the sunday game.

I would recommend using one of the older tanks start with the T72 and work towards the sho't Kal and then the T55.

(To the critics of USSR Kit. SILENCE! Teaches ballistics.)

Then when you jump into a mopdern tank, you have aids to the learned fundamentals.

Well that's my view anyway.

However, I do think mission design creep may have been an issue..... (I know I do it all the time, literally ALL the time!)

1 player controlling a company conducting FISH.....Yeah, that's "Crossing the streams" bad.

(I have a mission you could try, it's older kit, And it's bastard hard. But turrets pop with frequency. And fulll disclosure Tankhunter made it, I uh, edited it.)

Anyway.

To my point.

Try jumping into a Kanium Game, Sundays @ 1800 GMT (Details in multiplayer thread.)

Reasons

A: They / We / Us Speak English (and somtimes Bad English)

B: Been doing it for 2/3 years now, seem to know their shit.

C Can join my platoon, even if you might get the odd, "No! Your other Left!" "See those Trees off to our front left? Go there." and maybe if it goes sideways "Maaaaatt! We! Are! LEAVING!"

D Only downside is we might be staring at trees for 45 mins, but thats what happens sometimes.

That way you can get trigger time, leave all the planning / organization / micromanaging to others.

Focussing on your own tank, would allow you to..... I dunno "Youtube" I guess? (How does one youtube? Some have a talent, I don't I guess. Anyway....)

Even if the community is a little, uh, abrasive at times.

(Which I understand, they / us / we care about their / our hobby. )

Hedge

(Liaise with me and/or Nike, via PM, Nike is away for 2 weeks though.)

5 minutes ago, Hedgehog said:

Agreed

@matsimus

1st point, apologies for the butthurt going around, it happens when an "Outsider" streams SB Pro PE.

All the critics appear.

To try and patch things together.

The critics here have valid points, presentation, tactics, gunnery are all fine art taking many hours of practice blah blah blah.

But, what they are forgetting, Everyone has different abilities/knowledge/whatever.

Quickest way to learn is Mulitiplayer (more on that later)

Right now Gunnery:

I usually have a warm up before the sunday game.

I would recommend using one of the older tanks start with the T72 and work towards the sho't Kal and then the T55.

(To the critics of USSR Kit. SILENCE! Teaches ballistics.)

Then when you jump into a mopdern tank, you have aids to the learned fundamentals.

Well that's my view anyway.

However, I do think mission design creep may have been an issue..... (I know I do it all the time, literally ALL the time!)

1 player controlling a company conducting FISH.....Yeah, that's "Crossing the streams" bad.

(I have a mission you could try, it's older kit, And it's bastard hard. But turrets pop with frequency. And fulll disclosure Tankhunter made it, I uh, edited it.)

Anyway.

To my point.

Try jumping into a Kanium Game, Sundays @ 1800 GMT (Details in multiplayer thread.)

Reasons

A: They / We / Us Speak English (and somtimes Bad English)

B: Been doing it for 2/3 years now, seem to know their shit.

C Can join my platoon, even if you might get the odd, "No! Your other Left!" "See those Trees off to our front left? Go there." and maybe if it goes sideways "Maaaaatt! We! Are! LEAVING!"

D Only downside is we might be staring at trees for 45 mins, but thats what happens sometimes.

That way you can get trigger time, leave all the planning / organization / micromanaging to others.

Focussing on your own tank, would allow you to..... I dunno "Youtube" I guess? (How does one youtube? Some have a talent, I don't I guess. Anyway....)

Even if the community is a little, uh, abrasive at times.

(Which I understand, they / us / we care about their / our hobby. )

Hedge

(Liaise with me and/or Nike, via PM, Nike is away for 2 weeks though.)

Outstanding speech, agreed 👍. But l still hate the USSR kit. Even though I have to admit I do a few gunneries every now and then in them. 

I'd just like to point out that Matsimus has contributed a lot to this community. He is a talented content creator and he has brought SB to a much wider audience than it would've reached otherwise. And I, for one, enjoy many of his videos which aren't even necessarily SB related.

As far as I know, he's doing this without monetary compensation from eSim. On his own time.

Could his videos be better? Perhaps. But so could the few videos I've made. However, I never heard anyone complain about any of the videos I've made. And they sucked by comparison. And they're still out there.

Look, I know we all would like to show SB in the most positive light possible. But maybe we need to take a step back and realize that - even if it's not perfect - it's generating interest. And what's good for eSim's business is good for me. As long as I can have access to the best armored tactics simulator available today and the amazing community that's been built up around it ... I'm happy.

On 7/15/2019 at 2:34 PM, matsimus said:

Like I said, I appreciate the support. But the game wont be showcased anymore with the channel. Kids with skittles can be a dangerous thing lol!

Thanks Assassin, all the best.

M

Sorry to hear that. Loved your recordings of the germany campaign. As you aren't a SME to your other stuff (Navy things, Planes...) there is no real reason for me to stay tuned if you give up tank warfare. But thanks for the good time!