temporary license and hardware changes

marques

quick question, which hardware changes may pose problems for the temporary license codemeter? I guess that a MOBO and or processor almost for sure but, what about a graphic card? Memory?...

And for the affecting changes, can them be done provide I send an email in advance alerting of the change?

I have a hardware renovation in the midterm future, or short term if the stars align themselves properly, so I want to be prepared..

• Members

We have set the CmACT license to be "pretty tolerarant" to hardware changes. To the extent that the Windows installation survives the change - unlikely in the case of a mainboard change, unless it's the exact same type - I expect no trouble with the license either. If in doubt, notify me by email in advance of the change and we can work out contingency options.

ok, thanks. So the most likely change is a graphic card, and I understand that that should not affect the license. That´s great!

The most dangerous one is a micro/MOBO change, isn´t it? I´ll contact you, ssnake, if that´s the case. You never know when you are gonna win the lotto!

Gibsonm, thanks a lot! but I hope that´s not neccesary. In the worst case scenario that may be the push that I need to finally buy a full license...