SB Pro PE 2.4x Upgrade - Announcements & Discussion

Ssnake

• Members

Well, after some consideration we've decided to postpone the newsletter yet.

But I can tell you this:

1. We try as hard as we can to get SB Pro PE 2.4x out of the door before Christmas.
    As usual, it's going to be a close shave; if the beta testers find a critical issue we will delay the production until we got it right. We should know about two weeks in advance what the shipping date will be. Therefore we will start accepting preorders no earlier than by the time that we bring the Gold Master CD to the factory, two weeks in advance of the shipping date. Only then will we know with high confidence what the release date will be.
  2. For preorders, we will offer a discount of $5.- and $10.-, depending on whether you will order it together with the new printed manual or not.
    The effective price for early birds will therefore be $25.- (software only) and $30.- (with printed manual).
  3. Once that shipping starts that discount will no longer apply; the price will then be $30.- and $40.- for the upgrade.
    As you can see, the effective prices will be even less than what we previously announced.
  4. In the meantime you can contact me for ordering the "austere version" for $107.50 where we will only ship the CodeMeter stick with a single license (additional licenses can still be had at $25.-)

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So are you taking pre-orders now, or when you release the newsletter? :)

I was thinking that as well but I think from what I just reread that they will be taking the preorders when the official newsletter goes out which will be two weeks from the release date to "Gold Status." At least that is my guess.

I am confused a bit, and I am also wondering about the patching sequence. I have the very first release from two and a half years ago. assuming I would reinstall it to the level of the now coming upgrade, would I still need to go through all the patches before (quite a load!), or is the new upgrade including all? If the first, what would it cost me not to get an additonal second licence parrallel to the first, but a disc replacement including the coming upgrade, if - I assume - I would send in my first original CD, 30+ months old?

Because I am close to routine-reinstalling my system (every end of the year),and this time I will not just use an image anymore, since there have been too many changes in the past three years, and I lost track of those many patching and codemeter updates a bit, although I had it all fixed in our SBP resources sticky over at tanksim.com.

• Members

No, it'll be between $132.50 (preorder phase, no printed manual) and $147.50. We may however make special offers now and then. I think that it would probably most fair to have regular depreciations of the price as a new upgrade is approaching. The downside of such a tactic would be rather frequent price changes as they would go down and down and down then up again (start new cycle). I'm not sure if that's easy to understand for someone who has no experience with SB Pro PE yet, might scare away people.

C'mon Guys

for the majority of us on this forum even if the game kicked back with a $200 price tag we would probably buy it, why because "It is worth it". Im sure E-sim will do the right thing.

So far they have provided prompt and honest answers I just hope that upgrade could maybe arrive by Christmas. As an indicator, have the beta team recieved their copies in order for them to test it yet??

Irish