SB Pro PE 2.4x Upgrade - Announcements & Discussion

Ssnake

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay... I've been away for WAY too long.

I'm always interested in American hardware first and other nationalities second. Did I spy with my little eye different times of day??? I think I saw Bradleys early in the morning before the sun comes up???? Is this for real or is this a mod that only semi-works.

How much for shipping? I live in Jakarta. That is quite far off the world's grid. And no the tsunami was in Aceh....:biggrin:

Damn it was it because I said we could piggyback on the foreign DoD payment?

Me and my big mouth. Sigh.:decu:

What exactly is the content? And Am I required from this point onwards to pay for every single 'update'? That would be sucks. I don't mind paying for an upgrade if the content is justifiable but paying for each update is annoying at best.

Will people who don't buy the upgrade able to update their SBProPE and play with those who purchased the upgrade?

• Members
_--__[]KITT;160468']How much for shipping?

None. As usual' date=' the costs for shipping are included. :cool:

What exactly is the content?

The approximate content can be derived from the version history thread. The final list of content will be published as a PDF the day that we send out the newsletter announcing the begin of production, and acceptance of preorders. You will then have approximately two weeks to study the PDF and make a decision.

And Am I required from this point onwards to pay for every single 'update'?

No, but obviously incremental updates and patches will work only with the latest version. The plan is not to exceed $35.- per year, and most likely (given our tendency to delay releases and add more stuff) it will rather be around $25.- per year if you average prices over time periods between major upgrade releases. It could be that if another upgrade gets released not 12 but 18 months after the next, we might set the price to $42 (just as an example), divided by 1.5 that'd be $28.- per year.

Will people who don't buy the upgrade able to update their SBProPE and play with those who purchased the upgrade?

Only if the other players keep an older version installed parallel to the new one. What can I say. New versions bring new vehicles, new vehicles mean scenarios that aren't compatible with each other, the alternative would be to freeze the code forever, or to discontinue the product. That can't be the answer.

Look, I don't understand the big fuss that some are making about this. Have we ever, in the past, ripped anyone off or treated our customer base in an unfair way? I don't think so. Then what lets you think that all of a sudden we change our business policy to tear you all a new one?

What we're asking for is that you support ongoing development in a way that creates an incentive for us not only to add stuff but also to consider "soft" improvements like user interface/productivity improvements, bug removal, etc. instead of just packing new features into the package. We're going to make sure that major upgrades will bring major improvements and "not just new vehicles" (which usually is enough justification for other game developers to sell an add-on package). We have nine and a half pages of a list of changes since version 2.370, and I think that this is a pretty decent compilation for a price of just $25.- (for those that will preorder only the installation CD). What more do you expect?

Fair enough $25.00 with inclusive shipping is a decent price. I hate downloading games. I prefer old style DVD. Thanks for shipping it out instead offering it as digital download.

Problem is I don't think I'm getting what I want from this upgrade like RED playable tank such as the T-72.

Oh well, I'll judge whether it's worth buying...after the pdf came out.

Please include new scenarios as well. after all Esim got Tacbat enslaved right?:biggrin:

Edit:

So far I like what i'm seeing from the screenies. I think I'll be buying this this upgrade. Time of day so now night engagement is a reality? Oh plase make night battles a reality. That would be better than a playable T-72 :) but the pdf will decide it for me.

I suppose that I will be able to play both versions with the same USB stick (then some friendly would not change to the new version).

Salu2

PD next month we will visit base of Infantry Armored Division "Guadarrama" XII - tank museum and close look of spanish Leopardo.

There is no problem. People just seem to think that 'updates' should be free since somehow updates (or even bugfixes) involve no work. It isn't really their fault, and obviously not everyone thinks this - I think people are just spoiled by the gaming industry in general, and expect stuff for free.

You got my support.

-(Someone who knows when you do software business, bugfixes, changes, etc, are included or amended to the contract or support contract in exchange for moneys).

Look, I don't understand the big fuss that some are making about this. Have we ever, in the past, ripped anyone off or treated our customer base in an unfair way? I don't think so. Then what lets you think that all of a sudden we change our business policy to tear you all a new one?

Ssnake said 42 dollars for each update.... (JOKING!)

couldnt resist.

But yes would love to have a T-any tank playable.... but that is something I can wait on.

I do have a question about that Ssnake, why hasnt the Russian tanks made more playable. Is it because the Russian Military isnt really forth coming on information about the insides of the tanks? Or the just lack of time to actually get to them? Or a lack of people who speak Russian to do the voices for crews? Or all the above?

I for one dont mind paying for the update... cause with all that is on that MONSTER list, thats going to be a HUGE update.

SSnake, this may be a bit late in the game, but in the future, when you release content that you wish to charge for, call it an 'expansion pack', not an 'update'.

Semantics, I know, but the thing is that when people here 'expansion pack', they think new content, new missions, new features- the kind of stuff they have no problem paying for. After all, it's very common for every game, from Diablo II to Falcon 4.0 (Allied Force) to release purchasable expansions. Customers buy them willingly, because what they are buying is new content.

'update', however, sounds like 'patch'. The impression is that an update is not new content- it's just making the original software work the way it should've worked in the first place! IE, Lock-On Modern Air Combat, where the game was so buggy in the initial release you almost couldn't play it!

Now, for me, I have no problem whatsoever paying for new content. From what I understand, there's plenty of new features, new vehicles, new commands, and the new 3d infantry, that will make the expansion pack well worth the cash. That said, where do I sign up?

25$ for what??

What is so improved about this patch?

Yeehaw, some crappy Spanish vehicles and a different version of the CV90...Nothing to write home about.

What about the god damn M1A2? Stryker? crewable Russian equipment?

How about dismounts that dont look like my 5 year old cousin cut them out of a coloring book.

I feel violated.

Spain....What a joke. I have no remorse for a country that pulls its Soldiers from a combat zone because of an attack on their homeland.

Yeah don't be a jerk.

You don't have to buy this upgrade, you can wait and see if the next one has something more to your liking.

The Esim company is a military training simulator developer first and private buyers get whatever trickles down from their contracts. They're not a game developer that works solely off their private community.

The only way to get new units and upgrades is for a government to pay them to make it. Or if you have enough money you can fund them the ammount they would lose during the time it takes to develope your request.

Also the cheap shot against the Spanish was unnecessary.

Hm, could've sworn I'd read it in the release notes... that said, yeah, infantry that don't look like a 5-year-old cut them out of a coloring book would be nice.

And I would LOVE M1A2 SEP, and better yet, M2A3 with the BUSK package including the CITV-mounted M249 for the commander. And proper Strykers with RWS block 2 (LRF and stab) would be fantastic. Actually, I'd love ANYTHING that made the US forces look halfway decent instead of depicting them as technologically retarded monkey soldiers. It's stupid when every other european nation has AFVs in the sim that were released just a couple years ago, but the US has, what, 1992, 1993 versions of its AFVs?

Unfortunately, as the developers are quick to point out, they develop foremost for countries that PAY them to develop. And as the US Army can afford to make full, integrated crew station simulators and doesn't HAVE to rely on open-market software, we're screwed. Why buy SB Pro for the US Army when you already have way better sims?

If VBS2 is so great, how come you are here bemoaning the lack of your pet vehicles in SB?

Just play with them in VBS2, and there is no issue right?

Oh except that VBS2 is several thousand dollars just for the core engine, with additional costs for each additional module... Which puts 150 dollars into perspective perhaps?