• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

25$ for what??

What is so improved about this patch?

Yeehaw, some crappy Spanish vehicles and a different version of the CV90...Nothing to write home about.

What about the god damn M1A2? Stryker? crewable Russian equipment?

How about dismounts that dont look like my 5 year old cousin cut them out of a coloring book.

I feel violated.

Spain....What a joke. I have no remorse for a country that pulls its Soldiers from a combat zone because of an attack on their homeland.

I cant belive I missed all this excitement... This is better than a pre-school girl fight.

Dont worry everyone he is just a Stryker unit... not a REAL armored unit. (Couldnt help taking a cheap shot after the low blow on Spain.)

Honestly though back on topic, I dont understand why everyone is getting so butt hurt over this whole deal. Its pretty fair. Its not like they charge 15 dollars a month for use of their software. And its not like they put out a "expansion" pack every 6 months and make a HUGE fan fair about it and charge 40 bucks for each one, and then charge 15 dollars a month so you can watch a bunch of overweight, bad hygene, losers run around in a fantasy world playing dark elf females and bragging about how many levels they made in the past hour, while trying to sell gold over chat.

And its not like they put out a "expansion" pack every 6 months and make a HUGE fan fair about it and charge 40 bucks for each one, and then charge 15 dollars a month so you can watch a bunch of overweight, bad hygene, losers run around.

Amen. Paying for substantive upgrades is fine. Subscriptions are an abomination from hell, particularly when they're combined with paid expansions which ought to be included with your monthly bloodletting.

Ok so today is the 18th of November. I'll wager that the news letter announcing the release of the upgrade comes out on the 27th of this month. Closest guess with out going past the predicted date gets a booby prize.

That'll turn out like the Irish mystery bus tour, where the driver won £200 on a sweep as to where they were going. LOL

Irish

What about the god damn M1A2? Stryker? crewable Russian equipment?

LOL there are other countries in the world apart from America.

When the Russians invaded Georgia it was not the state of Georgia.

Its going to be interesting to take look at some other Western vehicles apart from American ones. Since most of the main stream sims\games out there just concentrate on American equipment. Which is just getting boring to be honest.

I would pay £12 for something different like that any day... I mean for gods sake I cant even fill my bloody car up for 2 days work for that money ROFL

Stalintc LOVES this forum. In soviet russia forum posts YOU!

Heh, people always mix what the politicians and civilians decide with what the military ends up doing. They decide to pull out and the military gets labelled "pansies."

It's not our fault when our civilians and leaders are a bunch of spineless communists. I deal with this crap on a daily basis. I'm not from Spain but where I come from this is the ultimate frustration.

While some amongst us are complaining about lack of US equipment (never mind the new M1A1 model), be sure to take it upon yourself to try to convince the US Army to adopt SB Pro as a COTS table top trainer. Good luck with that. If you think that it has not been tried before then you are badly mistaken.

No kidding man.... I tired pulling strings with all kinds of people I knew with DOD connections and political connections to push the awareness of this sim for a year. Nothing to show for my efforts.

Now that's funny... why would you bash a guy about there being 'other countries than the USA', and then QUOTE the statement he made asking for crewable Russian vehicles? Seems kind of silly.

As for simulators focussing on US kit... yeah, if you want some 10+ year old arcade-style "sim", sure. As for solid simulators, ok, there's some flight sims... Falcon 4.0 comes to mind. Again, 10+ years old. Lock-On Modern Air Combat? Primarily a Russian sim. The focus was originally on the Frogfoot, A-10 added only later. Black Shark? Russian. IL-2 Sturmovik? Gee, lemme think, who ran the Sturmovik, again?

Then there's a couple new WW2 tank sims (not very good from what I've heard, but...), and they're both Eastern front.

Steel Beasts has precisely 2 (primarily) US AFVs. It really does have a lot more European variants. I don't have a problem with that. Variety is great. I WOULD love to see Challenger, Warrior, Le Clerc, Ariete, crewable Russian tanks... but I'd also love to see M2A3 and M1A2. And Stryker variants- but only if the dismounts are properly kitted. Trust me, a Javelin in every squad would rapidly ruin Redfor's day. The point is players wishing to play modern European armor have plenty of Leo variants, but the only M1 variant available is a rather old (and increasingly obsolete) variant. Yes, it's frustrating.

ON topic, though, yeah, I'll buy the expansion. I was hopeful about new infantry graphics, but even so, I'm happy to pay. It's silly as a consumer to expect eSim to do this for free. Now, if the software was simply BUGGY, yeah, I'd expect them to make it work as advertised, free of charge, but it does work, this is all just frosting on the cake

The upgrade will be a completely new installation. No patch sequences to go through. It will be necessary to uninstall previous PE version though since there were changes to some resource files.

Froggy: Lucky bastard, you. ;)

I'm so excited about this. Essentially just install it and you're ready to go?! Awesome!

ok... I'm going to go find out what that means... *wikipedia*

it means all of the equipment and mounting points for fording has been removed, the engine maintenance platform has been removed, the gunners hatch has received a boost to its thickness,

the internal stowage layout has been changed, with benches being straight instead of basically randomly placed around, and it has an LRF added.

there's also some minor changes on the external stowage layout, and i think some minor changes on the side of the turret.

Edited by dejawolf

Ok i,m willing to pay 15 bucks more if you implement moveble visual suspension in the next update please. I mean i know its not on everone,s no1 and it it some ways could be considered eyecandy list but lets face it the external grafics looks seriously outdated without it even compared to old sims like operation flashpoint which is in my eyes extremly outdated and not only in the grafics department ok I,m going to shut up now to avoid a eyecandy/suspension flame war/discussion.