SB Pro PE 2.4x Upgrade - Announcements & Discussion

Ssnake

• Members
Have any clients expressed interest in an OPFOR tank? It seems to me instructors could get a lot of utility out of them.

...like what?

That the T-72 is a death trap? You don't need a playable version of it to know that. That the T-72's crew interface sucks big time? Well, what's that going to help you when training a crew of M1 or Leo 2 tankers?

The only justification for an army to spend money on a playable tank - whichever model it is - is if they have that tank or planning to get it so that they can do training or at least familiarization of the crews with the help of SB Pro. Any interest beyond operational constraints and weaknesses falls into the Hobby category.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The New Iraqi Army will need a playable T-72... there, someone go over there and convince them to buy SB. :)

I Nominate Ssnake, after all that is his job. :)

But will it run on their Saddam-era 486's with Win 3.1?

Thats why we have the US government, to buy new computers. :biggrin:

Look, I've seen Leo 2A4s standing in museums, or used as hard targets already. I know how you must feel. But as tankers, we have to suck it up and accept it as a part of our profession. So, suck it up!

;)

Who the hell is using Leos A4 as target? In Spain we still use M60 A3TTS in some reserve units!!

Thanks for the new list of tentative changes Ssnake.

I'll be interested to see how SB looks on a triple monitor setup. Glad to see that the foliage has been removed from the trees in thermal view in winter scenarios too.

I had three screens last year for a while it works awesome in most cases, I put a thread up

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=12265

I hope the aspect ration fix will allow me to get to use them again. Its the best way to play

Rgr that,

I was having the same scaling effect as noted in that thread. Yes, you get a larger view, but I found the tracking during an engagment was a little awkward. It'll be interesting to see how it looks and plays with the new release.

Have you picked up a third 19" screen Fidel?

• Members

Ooooh nice. Will get get "normal" civilian vehicles as well? And VBIEDs?

/me tries not to get carried away..

Oh and I'm kinda wondering what the open door is about? Will the driver close it when under artillery fire (i.e. button up)? :debile2: