Ssnake

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any thought on a option in the routing for the Helo's to land?:eek2:

Right now they will not, at the end of their route, land:decu:. They will hover in place above the ground.:confused:

And while I'm on the subject why do they at a way point raise and then carries on down the next route?:confused:

And while I'm on the subject why do they at a way point raise and then carries on down the next route?:confused:

Do they do this every time, or does the severity of the course change have an effect on this? IE Does a 90 degree course change cause a popup and a < 30 degree course change does not?

Mog

• Administrators

No one can see 15 months ahead. You can write schedules and plans and make pretty MS Project diagrams, but you never know how fast things will get done, and what short term emergency needs will have to be met.

People would be far better off to enjoy SB for what it is rather than what they want it to be. If you look at it like that, the slow trickle of improvements and additions will just seem like gravy.:drink:

Do they do this every time, or does the severity of the course change have an effect on this? IE Does a 90 degree course change cause a popup and a < 30 degree course change does not?

Mog

Every time. Try placing a route with different watpoints and see what happens.

• Members

It seems like they are always going to default flight level at each waypoint (and then down to the assigned flight level for the next route). I'm not sure if this is a bug or if you haven't assigned the proper flight height to each waypoint between the route legs. If you did and they ignore the settings, it must be a bug (probably of the "oversight" category).

• Moderators

Strange, I just tried this in 2.460 with a route (NOE) to a waypoint which changes direction to another waypoint almost 180* direction. The flight height for the second leg is "no change" (I also tried it with setting the second leg as NOE like the first) and the helicopter flies to the first waypoint and turns around and goes to the second without changing elevation so everything appeared to be fine. I must say though, this was on the flat featureless map.

Perhaps the helicopter is elevating due to trees and then turning as it climbs to avoid them, thus missing them completely and requiring them to descend again? If that is the case then it is just a matter of the helicopter changing elevation to avoid perceived obstacles which wouldn't necessarily be an "issue", unless something else is at play...

• Members
  • 3D interior for the Strv 122

Very nice :) I guess this is very similar to the 2E interiour (also with some kind of separate map-view display)?

Was this something requested by Sweden? Or are you (finally) coming around to adding some more 3d interiours (2A4 and -1 would be awesome to have as well)..

• Moderators
Strange, I just tried this in 2.460 with a route (NOE) to a waypoint which changes direction to another waypoint almost 180* direction. The flight height for the second leg is "no change" (I also tried it with setting the second leg as NOE like the first) and the helicopter flies to the first waypoint and turns around and goes to the second without changing elevation so everything appeared to be fine. I must say though, this was on the flat featureless map.

Perhaps the helicopter is elevating due to trees and then turning as it climbs to avoid them, thus missing them completely and requiring them to descend again? If that is the case then it is just a matter of the helicopter changing elevation to avoid perceived obstacles which wouldn't necessarily be an "issue", unless something else is at play...

Now it is suspected that it has something to do with the presence of enemy or enemy fire after a waypoint. If anyone has any additional information on how to reproduce this then please let us know.

• Members

We're currently working for Sweden, yes. It was scheduled for quite a while now, and we finally got around to work on it now. The NVGs are part of that too, also one new playable vehicle which will be added at a later point (but it's too early to say more about it).

We're currently working for Sweden, yes. It was scheduled for quite a while now, and we finally got around to work on it now. The NVGs are part of that too, also one new playable vehicle which will be added at a later point (but it's too early to say more about it).

Good, I see some results from my tax money coming back to me in the not too distant future. :biggrin:

cheers porphyr