SB Pro PE 2.4x Upgrade - Announcements & Discussion

Ssnake

Nice to see that the T-72's entrenching blade has finally been detailed; the nasty blank real estate on the older model's bow plate elicited a cartoonish look on what was otherwise a good model.

I notice that specific markings and national insignia are now included- I would have assumed that military customers would have preferred to add these themselves as they saw fit, or not, since at least a one size fits all generic template could represent any number of potential enemies rather than specifically a Cold War GDR T-72. Since I don't really see them factoring in to visual identification so much, they seem to fit in the eye candy department- I know they are sort of dejawolf's extracurricular contributions, but it seems to diverge a little from SB legacy; wouldn't mil customers now have to spend a little effort to remove markings if they were conscious of anything that they didn't want in them, or has that not really mattered?

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators
...wouldn't mil customers now have to spend a little effort to remove markings if they were conscious of anything that they didn't want in them, or has that not really mattered?

The military does not (or at least should not) care about markings, but they can certainly replace them with transparent ones if they really care that much about it.

There were reports of at least one M1 knocked out by a recoilless rifle in OIF with a hit to the engine pack.

i thought that was the puncture of a fuel cell. the bagdahd thunder run (the first run)?

still...i wonder where that recoiless and its crew is today...or even 5 seconds after it fired.

these techs with the recoiless will be usefull. don't get me wrong. that is a hell of a target to spot hull down. if they are highly mobile (which i imagine is so) then they could survive where their lack of armor will fail them. heh, near misses from 25mm HE should kill them though.

Reminds me of the MG mounted on the tank in "The Beast"

That would technically make sense, which is unusual for that weird film- I don't think think the IDF usually kept the heavy AAMG for their captured Tiran 5 tanks, but it's supposed to be a Russian T-55 as far as the story's central conceit goes.

And with that I've reached post #666. Awesome.